our precious isaac is gone - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Rainbow Bridge Memorials

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2010, 08:29 AM   #1 (permalink)

Unhappy our precious isaac is gone

3 weeks ago our 10 year old beagle baby Isaac was diagnosed with a tumour on his spleen. The next day he went in for surgery where they removed the 15cm tumour. At lunchtime I was told by the receptionist that he was just waking up and things went okay and to call the vet back at 6pm when he'd finished all his surgeries. I called and the receptionist was flustered and said the vet had been called out, and no one was available to give me an update on isaac and she'd get the vet to call me back. at 6.30 he called and told me that while i was on the phone to the receptionist at 6pm isaac had died. the other vets had tried to revive him. the tumour had extended into his stomach and they think he died from a blood clot.

while we knew he wasn't out of the woods, i just really thought that as he'd made it through the surgery, we would have at least some more time, and that i would see my precious boy again. it was the single worst moment of my life. i am devastated beyond description and i miss him so much more than i ever anticipated...and i used to get teary just thinking of life without him.

i can't function properly. i am still bursting into tears all the time. when people at work innocently talk about their dogs, as they should, i have to leave the room and hide my sobs in the bathroom so they don't know i'm falling apart.

isaac was the joy of our lives. he was so funny. so so funny. and sweet. and annoying and demanding and just such a big personality in our lives. always on the go, always wanting our attention and to play, and to eat. we also lost our beloved 13 year old great pyrenees earlier this year, and i think the blow of losing them both within 10 months is too much for me to cope with. well, i know i have to cope with it, but it hurts so so much. i feel physically ill when the reality of it hits me like a tidal wave over and over again. i don't have children, by choice, the dogs really were my babies and i don't feel like me without them.

we brought our dogs all the way from maryland back to my hometown of melbourne, australia. we traveled all the way from maryland to california by road with them. my isaac kept me company when my husband was away with the military and helped me make so many friends. and he made my husband and i laugh in a way i miss so much. our home is just not the same. we got a maine coon cat to keep isaac company after lily died...and now our poor ziggy is lonely without isaac.

i'm so sorry for raving, i've been trying to hide my feelings at work all week and it is so emotionally draining.

my thoughts go out to all of you who have loved and lost a beagle, there's nothing like a beagle to sniff their way right into your heart so far that there's a huge gaping hole when they are gone.

thanks for listening.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2010, 11:09 AM   #2 (permalink)

Sorry to hear it, I know this feeling and this terrible pain won't go away. It will be better with time but never be the same. Now I have a new dog , I just love him,but there is no day when I don't think about my sweet boy who died 9 years ago. At that time I choose not to talk about it at work because people didn't understand my pain.
kutyuska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

I am so, so sorry. I've lost a few animals in my time, and when you choose to make those animals an actual part of your family, it can just hurt so badly to lose them. I believe you came to the right place to talk about your loss. Again, I am so sorry, your post brought tears to my eyes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Myfave1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-11-2010, 03:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I truly very sorry for the loss of your precious Isaac I just lost my Andy a few months ago to massive cancer on the spleen so I know how horrible it can be. My sympathies to you and your family.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:05 AM   #5 (permalink)

I am so so sorry, i would be heartbroken as well, you poor things, xx
meg's mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:24 AM   #6 (permalink)

So sorry that you have lost 2 dogs this year, you are quite normal to feel devastated Big HUGS XXXX
EGYPTGAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:13 PM   #7 (permalink)

I am so sorry for your loss! Your reaction is certainly normal - all of us who have sustained such a loss have been just as devastated. Our furry children are so important to us - they give us the kind of unconditional love that most of us have not gotten from anyone since we were small children.

Hugs - and time will help you remember the times he made you laugh. Love never dies - and you will always have the love you gave Isaac and the love he returned to you.
ljas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:27 AM   #8 (permalink)

...I am so sorry for your loss....I am a pretty big guy that stands over 6 ft tall and over 200 lbs and hardly ever cry, but reading your post made me cry... You have no reason to be ashamed or embarrassed about what you are feeling, I will be a complete wreck when my Willie goes over the rainbow bridge, and be proud of it because only people like us know how a dog can be such a huge part of our lives. Anybody that doesnt understand that are the ones that havent been lucky enough to have a dog love them.
williebeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:08 AM   #9 (permalink)

I am so sorry for your loss. To some a dog is just an animal but to those of us who know better they are a friend, a confidant, family member and part of our heart and soul. They dry our tears, cuddle to warm us on cold days and are our own personal comedians. Ever loss is truly a heartache because each pet has it's own character that endures them into our hearts. I pray that you find peace and comfort in his memories, that he may live on in your hearts forever.

I too do not have children, though hope to someday. Lily is my child, and my furry little soulmate. There are days where I think to myself she is such a naughty little girl, but I wouldn't give her up for the world. Every time I read of a loss I hug her a little tighter (even though she tries to squirm away lol). I know nothing can be said to console you. My mother-in-law had to put her dog down in May of this year, and while she was not my dog my husband and I were both very teary at the loss of Kirby.

I will pray for you, that you are able to make it through this difficult time. Though you will never find ones like those you have lost I hope that some day when you are ready again you are able to find another furry family member. While they can never replace what you have lost, they can bring joy in new ways because they need to be loved, and return that love and in time you will learn to find joy in seeing how a new addition to your family will turn out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
kathiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:04 PM   #10 (permalink)

*hugs* i think many a dog lover can see exactly where you are coming from, i lost my husky back in May he was 13 & i still cry & miss him terribly, i lost his smell such a long time ago now & although my Beagles give me so much joy.. its just not the same... just finding a rogue husky hair can break me.. so don't feel silly about your grief, i know some people just say 'its only a dog' but we know different.. don't we
ArthurDudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement