Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums

Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums (https://www.ourbeagleworld.com/forums/)
-   Rainbow Bridge Memorials (https://www.ourbeagleworld.com/forums/rainbow-bridge-memorials/)
-   -   Sam - I - Am (https://www.ourbeagleworld.com/forums/rainbow-bridge-memorials/51970-sam-i-am.html)

ktvalentino 01-28-2009 11:01 PM

Sam - I - Am

07-04-1996 - 01-10-2009

Sam-I-Am (aka Sam) came into our lives as a beautiful 10-week old puppy in September 1996. We purchased him from a wonderful breeder in our area, and he came from a line of champion show dogs, though he never was interested in the show ring – he was completely bored after 5 minutes of any kind of obedience work. He was a funny, curious, sweetheart of a boy and there will never be another one like him. He lived to eat, please us, eat, play fetch, eat, take long walks, eat and, in the end, sleep more than anything else.

We laid our boy to rest on January 10, 2009 after he had endured hypothyroidism for over two years and declining health (we think he likely had cancer in his body somewhere) for the past 2-3 months. He had given up his favorite pleasure, eating, so we knew that it was time to let him go.

I can't feel bad about giving Sam this last gift; he was so peaceful when he left us, and I swear he was smiling!!! Even though his colors had faded, he looked young and at peace. I will never, ever forget that moment for the rest of my life. He was such a brave boy, and my husband & I miss him so much, but we know for certain that he is in a better place, where he can do the things he loved the most.

I know that he has already met up w/his mother, Debut (@the bridge 04-2007) who I know was waiting for him and can ‘show him the ropes.’ I also believe that he will be there waiting for me when my time comes.

We mourn our loss, but are grateful to him for all of the gifts he gave us – the breeders who are now family to us, the other beagle families we met along the way, the wonderful DVM’s we utilized all along the way – these are only a few of the many gifts he gave us during his wonderful life.

Rest in Peace, my Sweet Boy – Mama & Daddy & MiMi (his niece, who has lived with us since December 2007) miss you, but we will meet again.

Brisen 01-28-2009 11:09 PM

Re: Sam - I - Am

I'm so sorry for your recent loss. What a great tribute to Sam.

jassy 01-28-2009 11:09 PM

Sam sounds like he was a wonderful companion. I am so sorry for your loss.

beagletails 01-28-2009 11:23 PM

I am sorry to hear of your loss. You tell the story so eloquently yet I know there was probably a great deal of tears streaming down your face as you wrote it. Its so hard to lose the ones we love. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Beagle Eyes 01-29-2009 04:37 AM

I am very sorry for you loss . Sam sounds like a lovely fellow . We lost our beagle 3 months ago so know the pain you are feeling. Hugs for all your family ((()))

Murphys Dad 01-29-2009 09:17 AM

We are sorry for your loss. Know that Sam is in a better place. I sure the BW beagles that have passed on will greet him at the bridge.

Mollys Mom 01-29-2009 11:08 AM

I am so sorry for your loss Sam had a wonderful life with you.

angelaH 01-29-2009 11:15 AM

Our condolences on your loss. The hardest part of owning a pet is when we have to say goodbye.

Lucy's Mom 01-29-2009 12:26 PM

So sorry for your loss. I have tears in my eyes.

judymaggie 01-29-2009 12:50 PM

My condolences for your loss -- obviously, Sam was a much loved pup!