Our Sweet Girl - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Rainbow Bridge Memorials

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2007, 09:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Our Sweet Girl

On June 14, 1998 we returned from one of our many graduation trips, this time to Georgia. That year, we had both a college graduation and a high school graduation. I was picking up our Sam that day after he had stayed with our breeder while we were away. On that day, our sweet girl Debut (who is our Sam's Mom) was given to us and I remember driving home, hoping that my husband would not make me return her to the breeder. While we had talked about adding her to our family, my husband wasn't too sure that two beagles were such a good idea.

Well, I was remembering that day today and I recall that she arrived here, climbed up onto the love seat and made herself right at home!!! It was as if she had always been here. I am so glad that we decided she could stay, because I cannot imagine life without her here for all of the years we were blessed to have her with us.

Who knew it would be almost 9 years!!! On April 28, 2007 we laid her to rest. She was 15 years and 7 months old.

On that day we gave our last gift to her in return for all that she had given us. I said to my husband (who was inconsolable (as was I) after she was gone) 'thanks for not making me take her back.' He asked me why I said that and I reminded him of this story.

We miss her so much, but also take comfort in knowing that we will meet again someday, and that she is getting acquainted (and reacquainted) with all of those, canine and human, that went before her. I am hoping that she has hooked up with my Dad, who I know would have absolutely loved her as we all did. He passed away on July 15, 1997, so he never met her in this world.

I wanted to share this tale, today of all days.

P.S. We still have our Sam who will be 11 years old in July. Debut was with us for most of his adult life, and I think sometimes he is looking for her. We have been spending lots of time with him and walking him more regularly than we were able to do during her last days. I think he's doing o.k. As we all know, beagles are quite resilient creatures, and he is one of those!!!
ktvalentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2007, 09:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Default Re: Our Sweet Girl

I know you miss your Debut, and that the grief is still fresh. It's obvious, though, how much she was loved, and what a good home you gave her. Time will diminish your pain, and Debut is now with so many of our beloved beagles who are running free and no longer in pain.

Sandyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 10:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

ktv,

What a beautiful story!

My sincere condolences on your recent loss of Debut. It's clear that she was/is still much loved and very special.

Thanks for sharing it.

~Denise

Old 07-01-2007, 11:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

What a wonderful tribute!
Old 07-02-2007, 10:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Your tribute brought tears to my eyes, we know exactly what you went through. Give Sam a hug from us.
angelaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
kgh

What a beautiful tribute to Debut. There is something about Senior Beagles! Beagles just seem to have such a presence about them that just warms your heart to think about them.

Old 07-16-2007, 06:59 AM   #7 (permalink)

Iknow that I await the same fate that you did!
Goober will not live forever...& I know that his time will come someday as well! But Homer-the-huge& I know that will be the day we grieve @ the loss of a beagle that taught soo many, soo much about being a beag!
Advertisement