We miss you Daisy! - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Rainbow Bridge Memorials

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2007, 12:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default We miss you Daisy!

Hopefully you are able to view the picture of Daisy. At 18 weeks I took her to the vet to be spayed, microchipped and have her dewclaws removed - She never woke up after surgery. We all miss her terribly and her brother Buster is now lonely and learning to be an only dog. Lucky for him our 3 kids (as well as mom and dad) will be giving him extra lovings to make up for the ones we can no longer give Daisy! We love and miss you Daisy!!
leahreeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2007, 01:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
kgh

Default Re: We miss you Daisy!

How awful for you, the family and Buster. My heart goes out to you. So young and full of life. Words are not adequate at a time like this.

Old 11-02-2007, 01:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

I'm so sorry! What a terrible shock and unexpected loss.

Sandyj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-2007, 07:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

oh my gosh, my heart aches for you.

Can I ask....what do they think happened? Did they do any preop tests?
Old 11-03-2007, 08:14 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thank you all for your support!

Marley's Mommy-
They did not do any preop test. I hate to say this because it sounds like I am placing blame, but my husband thought it was unneccessary. He said he never had any problems with any of his other dogs with such a simple procedure. The vet said that those test would not have shown a problem with the heart anyway. Daisy made it through surgery just fine-we're told. Afterwards, they took her off the moniters and put her in a cage for recovery, leaving in the trach tube with a tech watching her in the cage. They noticed that she was not breathing and started CPR. After an hour of CPR, and many injections of 3 different meds to get her heart going again, they had to quit. The vet said she didn't think it had anything to do with the anestesia because her heart rate was fine during surgery. Our other vet wasn't comfortable with the explanations we were given and found it odd that they would have left the trach tube in during recovery. Almost like they knew there might be a problem. I have played the "should've, could've, would've" game for days now. I know I can't continue to do that, but I can't shake the feeling that something isn't right. I don't understand why they don't keep them on the monitors until they are awake. Have you had any experiences with surgery and do you know if that is normal? Thanks again for your kind words. This seems to be a great place! I will also be posting on some of the other forums so that I can be a better mommy for Buster.

Leah
leahreeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 07:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

I was heartbroken reading your post... I have an 8.5 month old puppy... she was spayed a little over a month ago, and I was worried the whole time while she was at the hospital.....
I had never heard of a dog not recovering from a surgery such as this, and definitely didn't want Chloe to be the first.
I hope that you take comfort in Buster and that you and your family get over this heart ache....

eleanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:40 PM   #7 (permalink)

Leah,

I am so very sorry at your unexpected loss.

As they say, there are risks with even the most routine surgeries...for people as well as animals. Daisy must have been in that small percentage of risks.

I applaud you for not playing the "blame game". As tempting as it may be, I think it would only cause more hurt.

They say that God only lends us the ones we love. Again, not much comfort.

Please know that my sympathies are with you and your family and especially Buster. Daisy was precious.

~Denise
Old 11-04-2007, 03:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

Leah,
I am so very sorry for the sudden loss of your little Daisy. She was a beautiful little girl, and I know you must miss her terrible.
Spayings are so routine, and tragedies such as this so rare, that we forget that it does happen, sadly. Years ago it happened to my next door neighbor when he had his German Shepherd spayed.
Again, I am so very sorry. Godspeed, little Daisy.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

I am so sorry, what a shock! Buster needs you now and maybe once you have got over the shock of losing Daisy, you can get a sister for him.
angelaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:15 AM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Our thoughts are with you and yours. Its sad to lose our friends. Its harder to lose them so young. Do not blame yourself or your vet. Something are not foreseeable.
Murphys Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement