Hello.. - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Introductions

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2019, 03:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Hello..

Hi everyone,

Just thought I’d introduce myself and my pack. I’ve recently rescued 2 beagles, Sophie (5) and Lottie (3). They were at a shelter having been rescued from a puppy farm. When we got them we were told they had been extremely badly treated (Sophie had never been inside a house, they had both been used for multiple litters and they would sit in the corner facing the wall to try and get away from people) and as a result are very cautious and nervy of pretty much everything.

We’ve had them for a couple of months now and they’re already coming on leaps and bounds. I’m currently sat with both of them sleeping on my lap. We’re still having some issues with toileting in the house and not being able to walk them yet etc. but we’ll get there.

We’ve also got a 6 year old Cavachon boy (Buddy) who we recused last year who is my little Prince Charming.

I’m really glad I have found this site as it’s already answered a lot of questions I have had, being a first time Beagle owner and also given me some inspiration for the future with my fur babies 🐶��🐶😍🐶
MedD103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2019, 07:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Welcome to you and your pack! Thank you SO much for rescuing. I have two rescues, Molly (14) and Oliver (10). I found over my many years with rescues it takes about 9-12 month for them to really be able to find themselves and know that they are home forever. Molly was a wicked challenge to housebreak being that she was 2 and probably lived in a crate. Once she got it, she got it. You can reward them when they do potty outside even with a treat or praise. Walking is always tough too at first. If you keep the leash short and keep them on one side of you and say something like "by me" and give them a treat. Soon they will learn that walking correctly earns treats.
Old 11-17-2019, 08:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

Welcome! Thank you for rescuing them, they sound so lucky to have you!!!!!

I agree with Mollys Mom about how they settle in. Xerxes was a little angel for the first few months after we adopted him and then he got comfortable, lol...he's such a little goof troublemaker now! But it's so amazing to see them come out of their shells and grow into who they're meant to be.

And I love the picture of your pack!
RIP Luc, German Shepherd mix, July 2003-December 2018
RIP Teagan, German Shepherd
Timothy and Cordelia, kitty cat terrors!
Nebuchadnezzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-22-2019, 06:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Bless you for taking in Sophie and Lottie. I am so happy to hear they have landed in a safe, loving home.

And now, you have to tell me what breed a Cavachon is. If that is Buddy in your avatar, he is adorable.
Natty Boh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement