Lansky in the House! - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Introductions

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2019, 10:20 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Lansky in the House!

Hello everyone! Lansky joined our family last May, and I'm so happy to have discovered this forum as we've never had a dog before, never mind a beagle. I'll ask a lot of my dog friends questions and they just shrug and say, "Must be a beagle thing."

Lansky is about 4 1/2 years old. Before he lived with us in the suburbs of Boston, he was a stray in West Virginia. He loves his walks, is VERY food motivated (he's even learned that with a running leap he can reach things on the counter), isn't interested in toys at all, HATES the rain (I'm dreading what will happen when it starts to snow, as we can't get him to go outside at all in the rain without carrying him down the street), and we're going to start some training lessons next week.

He's been an amazing addition to the family! We all fight over who he'll sleep with.
Attached Thumbnails
Lansky in the House!-img_9761.jpg   Lansky in the House!-img_9564.jpg   Lansky in the House!-img_9280.jpg   Lansky in the House!-img_9057.jpg  
Lansky's House is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2019, 05:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

Oh look at Lansky! So cute!

Hopefully Lansky is okay in the snow. Xerxes likes the snow, HATES the cold, doesn't like the rain either. Mind you he also has like 4% body fat so fair enough I suppose! Does Lansky have a rain or warmer jacket for winter? Might be worth investing in. And, for salty side walks (which burns their paws), either pad balm or booties are great - you've probably got that down already though!
RIP Luc, German Shepherd mix, July 2003-December 2018
RIP Teagan, German Shepherd
Timothy and Cordelia, kitty cat terrors!
Nebuchadnezzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 09:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar View Post
Oh look at Lansky! So cute!

Does Lansky have a rain or warmer jacket for winter? Might be worth investing in. And, for salty side walks (which burns their paws), either pad balm or booties are great - you've probably got that down already though!
Lansky does have a winter jacket, which he loves. I need to get him a rain jacket.

My family and I have been discussing the balm vs. booties, and the consensus among our friends is that the balm doesn't work that well. Do you disagree? Is there a particular kind of bootie you recommend?
Lansky's House is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-10-2019, 05:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

Welcome to Beagle World! I guess Lansky is the smaller type of Beagle! Rascal hasn't figured out the running jump to get up to the counters thank goodness. However ALL waste basket are up on something!

techie
techie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 07:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lansky's House View Post
Lansky does have a winter jacket, which he loves. I need to get him a rain jacket.

My family and I have been discussing the balm vs. booties, and the consensus among our friends is that the balm doesn't work that well. Do you disagree? Is there a particular kind of bootie you recommend?
I'm not a big balm fan either but I've heard of people having success so wanted to mention it.

We use Ruffwear booties - the one thing is, they have vibram soles, so even more so than other booties they feel weird to dogs. We've used Muttluk booties in the past too and those are good.

I don't know if Muttluk is in the US...I'm pretty sure it is though.
RIP Luc, German Shepherd mix, July 2003-December 2018
RIP Teagan, German Shepherd
Timothy and Cordelia, kitty cat terrors!
Nebuchadnezzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 04:18 PM   #6 (permalink)

What a beautiful boy... funny when it rains I also have to carry my beagle..... as for footwear...well he hates the boots.. I have tried high boots, low boots, balloon boots and he either wont walk or he just tries to kick them off... haven't tried the balm... short walks or backyard for my beagle in the winter, and yes when the snow gets too high I have to shovel him paths....
the odie dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement