looking for food recs - weight and anal gland - Page 2 - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Health and Welfare

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2020, 06:38 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistysMom View Post
We have some good breeders in Missouri. Who did you use?
I used an intermediary called California Beagle Breeders (totally professional) and we saw her cute little self on line but didnt meet her in person until she arrived at LAX. The funny thing none were available in California when we were looking so they hooked us up with Missouri.
Cassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2020, 09:59 PM   #12 (permalink)

I've learned so much of do's and don't since I adopted Chessie and the best thing I ever did for my dog is to download a book called <B>"11 Things You Must Do Right To Keep Your Dog Healthy and Happy"[/B]. yourpurebredpuppy.com. This book alone has taught me so much about the right things to feed Chessie and so much more. And it also comes with 5 bonus books one of which deals with health issues and how to effectively treat them. It's only $19 cost and I know it will save me so much with great knowledge.

I'm sorry but I never trusted doctors and have managed to avoid them for many years until a recent car accident (I'm 67 and haven't needed a doctor for illness since I don't know when). And then I still found they aren't very helpful. Everyone I know that depended on doctors has been much worse off and very unhealthy.

And I'm sorry like doctors who are taught by the drug companies - vets get kickbacks from the dog food companies for recommending diets, etc. they are not trained in nutrition. They also benefit greatly by treating sick animals rather than prevention and helping to keep animals healthy to begin with.

Please order the book(s) and learn what to feed your dog to get them healthy. It's been so informative and I know just by following the information on feeding alone has been so very helpful. Did you know vegetables and fruits have a cellulose wall around them and a dog doesn't have the digestive enzymes to break them down. When I cook the meat I feed my dog I add digestive enzymes and I also steam the vegetables for a few minutes to break down that wall. If I feed her raw meat I don't need the enzymes added but I steam the vegetables a little longer, especially carrots.

I also learned the best products to buy for treating different things. I highly recommend these books to everyone. I don't want to deal with having my dog get sick and to need a vet and am going to do all I can to keep her healthy ) With the "correct" knowledge I received I'm praying she will live a long and healthy life.
LoisC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement