Eyelid skin tag - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Health and Welfare

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2019, 07:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Eyelid skin tag

So Neb has had a skin tag on his eyelid for YEARS. It's been getting bigger lately but our vet said as long as it doesn't irritate his eyeball or somehow impede him, not to take it off.

This morning I noticed there's like this crusty offshoot.

Toby has tomorrow off so I'm going to try to call the vet first thing and hopefully we can get him seen.

Does anyone have experience with this? I'm thinking it's fine, but if I should be worried...okay, I'm a bit worried!
Timothy and Cordelia, kitty cat terrors!
Nebuchadnezzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2019, 08:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

I noticed a tiny black piece of skin above Cassie's eye. At first I freaked since I thought it was a tick. Cassie has a vet appt tomorrow for vaccines so this post reminded me to ask about it. I tried holding her head so i could see it better but she wouldnt hold still.
Cassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 09:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

Oh I hope it's nothing! Hopefully they're both fine. Neb's is for sure a skin tag, I'm just a bit concerned it's changed

Old 03-03-2019, 11:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

Maybe Neb knocked, or scratched it.

Cassie and Neb will be in my prayers for good reports tomorrow. Please keep us posted.
Natty Boh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:33 AM   #5 (permalink)

I sure hope both are okay! We have Rascal back in the soft cone because she keeps licking her foot.
Oh WHY don't they listen to us!!
techie
techie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 12:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

Good to get them checked out. You never know. Good luck!
Autumn's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 05:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

Rescheduled to Saturday since the insurance will cover the vacs and she'll get a comprehensive exam too.
Cassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 05:32 PM   #8 (permalink)

Darn it! Now we get to wait again. Really hope it is nothing.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:54 PM   #9 (permalink)

I hope Cassie is okay!

Neb's skin tag has grown and is covering over with keratin or has new keratin growths - anyways, it COULD rupture, so it needs to come off. He has surgery Wednesday. And let me tell you, an estimate of $864 for 10 minutes of surgery - we were hoping if he needed surgery it would be $500, that's what it cost to hole punch a (turned out benign) tumour from Luc. But Luc didn't go under general, and Neb's doing the whole shebang. The half day hospitalization alone is $100. We should be able to save $18 by bringing our own cone of shame LOL...

...Neb has hyperkeratosis mildly on his nose at times, so I was a bit concerned but I called and spoke to the vet (since Toby took him in and didn't mention it, le sigh) and they said it probably wasn't related and even if it was not to worry. They thought a zinc deficiency was unlikely as he's on what they feel is a high-quality food (Acana) and has a nice coat. So we're not going to fuss.

I mentioned that to my mom and she was like 'Would you consider putting him down?' and I was like 'From a slightly crusty line across the bridge of his nose and a skin tag that needs removing? NO MOM' and she was like 'Oh I'm not saying you should' well then why did you ask? Honestly

Last edited by Nebuchadnezzar; 03-04-2019 at 09:15 PM.
Old 03-04-2019, 06:26 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar View Post
I hope Cassie is okay!

Neb's skin tag has grown and is covering over with keratin or has new keratin growths - anyways, it COULD rupture, so it needs to come off. He has surgery Wednesday. And let me tell you, an estimate of $864 for 10 minutes of surgery - we were hoping if he needed surgery it would be $500, that's what it cost to hole punch a (turned out benign) tumour from Luc. But Luc did go under general, and Neb's doing the whole shebang. The half day hospitalization alone is $100. We should be able to save $18 by bringing our own cone of shame LOL...

...Neb has hyperkeratosis mildly on his nose at times, so I was a bit concerned but I called and spoke to the vet (since Toby took him in and didn't mention it, le sigh) and they said it probably wasn't related and even if it was not to worry. They thought a zinc deficiency was unlikely as he's on what they feel is a high-quality food (Acana) and has a nice coat. So we're not going to fuss.

I mentioned that to my mom and she was like 'Would you consider putting him down?' and I was like 'From a slightly crusty line across the bridge of his nose and a skin tag that needs removing? NO MOM' and she was like 'Oh I'm not saying you should' well then why did you ask? Honestly
I feel your pain. Our pets are money pits. Whatchagonnado? Shelby's surgery was over $800.00 Her pre-op exam and bloodwork was about an additional $200.00. This is actually, the first big expense for Shelby.

Now Boh! - that little beagle, pomeranian, pekingese, chow, has cost a fortune. He was initially misdiagnosed and treated for Heartworm, so that kinda sucked. Did get reimbursed for that. He also came to me with Demodex, so was treated for that. He had chronic anal sac issues. Last spring, the sacs were removed. That was over a thousand.

It's a good thing we love them so much. Your Mom just doesn't understand. LOL! Praying everything goes smoothly Wednesday and throughout recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement