Boast about your Beagle - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Beagle Discussion

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2019, 05:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Boast about your Beagle

I'll start...

Xerxes is territorial and tends to loudly and piercingly bay at dogs around our building. People have commented. We have been working on the quiet command with treats and it's been alright, though not perfect.

Last night I took the boys out about 10pm, without treats, and just down the drive was their mortal enemy (a St. Bernard mix that can be loud/aggressive, and big af...Xerxes REALLY doesn't like big dogs, unless he's playing with them). I quickly went onto the lawn and gave some quiet commands, which Xerxes ignored because he was sniffing something Eventually he turned around and saw the dog, which was watching him, and I said 'Quiet, Xerxes, quiet, good quiet, good boy, quiet, good quiet...' AND HE WAS QUIET! The other owner was like 'Wow, for a Beagle, that's a big deal! I'm impressed' (he sits a Beagle sometimes). I said 'Well, you know, especially for him!'.

So happy!!!! And today after work I did have treats, but as we got off the elevator, there was a dog going up in another elevator that still had the door open, and Xerxes saw it and let out a loud huff but I said 'Quiet Xerxes, quiet' and he was quiet, and got some treats.

I hope he's getting it!
Timothy and Cordelia, kitty cat terrors!
Nebuchadnezzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2019, 06:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have to say that Cassie listens more and understands the things I tell her. ..like..."go lay down in your bed or crate"...so instead of going directly she'll take the long walk around the dining room table and go to one of those. If I say "No"...she stops...better than a human kid...lol.
When she goes out for a pee or poop she comes back and stares at me...hey, dont I deserve a treat? so she gets one. Behavior has much improved.
Cassie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 06:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Let's see, Oliver knows to bark or scratch at the door when he needs to go potty. He likes to roll around on his back and talk to me with funny sounds when he's happy. He is a big time Daddy's boy.

Molly is super smart but also a super trouble maker. She can sit, lay down, speak, and stand up. When I dry my hair she likes to roll around on the floor in the dryer heat and also likes to be blow-dried after a bath.

They are both seniors so they are slowing down and they have used trained the way they want!

Old 07-18-2019, 07:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

Today I was walking the Boss and found half of a delicious donut. Boss told me, "leave it" and I did!

He told me many times I am a good girl and gave me lots of pets!

Now it is 100 degrees outside so I decided to lay on the couch in front of the air conditioner. That is too many degrees for me!

Popcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 07:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

Good job Popcorn! Very impressive!

And Cassie and Oliver and Molly! We have such smart dogs!

...Xerxes did a great of not baying again today...
Old 07-18-2019, 11:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

Cassie here...I freaked out mommy because I started sniffing all around the living room...mommy thought something came in the house! Mommy checked but she thinks she spilled a little coffee on the wood floor that got my attention. Lol
Old 07-19-2019, 05:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
MJS

Buddy is the best Beagle in the world. Why? Because he owns me and has me fully trained. He even had me trained and he has the diploma to prove it.
MJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 05:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

Rascal NEVER forgets Hubby had some treats in the garage about a year ago and had her go out there to have one. She Still wants to go out there EVERY time he does, thinking she will get a treat! I think they were beggins
techie
techie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 06:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJS View Post
Buddy is the best Beagle in the world. Why? Because he owns me and has me fully trained. He even had me trained and he has the diploma to prove it.
...and we better NEVER divert from their rules!
Old 07-19-2019, 06:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by techie View Post
Rascal NEVER forgets Hubby had some treats in the garage about a year ago and had her go out there to have one. She Still wants to go out there EVERY time he does, thinking she will get a treat! I think they were beggins
techie
That's hilarious techie!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement