Doggies and Hobbies - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Beagle Discussion

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2019, 09:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Doggies and Hobbies

I thought it would be interesting to find out what hobbies our forum owners have besides their beags so I'll start it off...
I have enjoyed painting and creating art for many years. My art pieces have been published in an art magazine several times.
Now I have a hobby that no one in my family shares...you'll find me outside alone in the late night hours...I'm an amateur astronomer... here are a few pictures Im sharing I took through my telescope.
(Moon,Saturn,Mars,Jupiter, International space station).
Attached Thumbnails
Doggies and Hobbies-20180922_223751_1557969664596.jpg   Doggies and Hobbies-20180724_230147_1557969723871.jpg   Doggies and Hobbies-20160501_140956_1557969988331.jpg  
Cassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2019, 10:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

That's very cool about astronomy! I love watching the night sky, but, full confession time, everything looks like a dipper to me. I love meteor showers!!!!!

I'm a (currently very out of shape) trail and ultra runner. Furthest I've run is 50 miles. I do bring the dogs on some runs, but not all of them.

I also like hiking, backpacking, and camping, though the dogs tend to come there too. It's one reason I adopted Luc (my first dog), because he could come on my vacations!

Though, I like winter camping, and my dogs are all wimps, so I don't bring them.

I knit very poorly. Mostly hats, though I made a simple sweater once. I have felted with wool, but don't tend to do that as I find it difficult to make useful things with them. I did enjoy it though.

Some hobbies have fallen by the wayside that I'd like to get into again - I used to go to a lot of indie music shows and smaller more obscure groups, and was really into following that.

Vegan/vegetarian cooking! And I like cooking Toby stuff with meat too even if I don't eat it. I do enjoy cooking and baking. Vegan baking is fun! Unless you're making sesame street sugar cookies, and then they don't turn out and you're really sad.
Timothy and Cordelia, kitty cat terrors!
Nebuchadnezzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

And I'm very impressed by your art skills...sweet!

Old 05-16-2019, 05:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Wow you two have great hobbies! I have some health issues so I end up watching a lot of TV but should get my butt in gear and take some online courses or get back into my artwork (my degree is in art but I do office work).

One of my hobbies is being an Admin/Moderator on beagle forums (this one and another).

Boating is our main hobby for summer. We have a fairly large Bayliner boat with a cabin which has a bed, kitchen and bathroom.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

Because of health issues I have had to give up a number of my former hobbies I used to paint, learn cello, and sew. Now I am am mainly working on keeping the 35 pounds lost via diet and exercise from coming back

techie
techie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 03:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

I am an artist (drawing, painting, pyrography, although educated as a musician). I am currently working on my portfolio (which, of course, with a new puppy Beagle can be hard, but I'm catching up when she is asleep). I will be turning the hobby into work soon and will be approaching tattoo shops here in the Netherlands for aa tattoo apprenticeship. I had one back home, but I didn't feel I was learning much tattooing-wise, so I am hoping for some great outcome here as there are great tattoo studios here in Rotterdam
Mysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 04:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

Last year I started taking an interest in night photography. I went to Yellowknife to see the northern lights. I also like to take pictures of the sun just before it rises over the trees. Just new at it so still have a lot to learn but quite enjoy it. We have a fishing cabin in the middle of nowhere which provides a perfect back drops for photos.
the odie dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 05:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the odie dog View Post
Last year I started taking an interest in night photography. I went to Yellowknife to see the northern lights. I also like to take pictures of the sun just before it rises over the trees. Just new at it so still have a lot to learn but quite enjoy it. We have a fishing cabin in the middle of nowhere which provides a perfect back drops for photos.
Ooooh you got to go to Yellowknife I am super jealous! For all the time I spend outside, I don't tend to go further north than Superior, and have never been lucky enough to see the northern lights. That's a dream!
Old 05-16-2019, 05:26 PM   #9 (permalink)

And my goodness but this is an artistic forum! Wow!

You're all so impressive
Old 05-17-2019, 06:31 AM   #10 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysha View Post
I am an artist (drawing, painting, pyrography, although educated as a musician). I am currently working on my portfolio (which, of course, with a new puppy Beagle can be hard, but I'm catching up when she is asleep). I will be turning the hobby into work soon and will be approaching tattoo shops here in the Netherlands for aa tattoo apprenticeship. I had one back home, but I didn't feel I was learning much tattooing-wise, so I am hoping for some great outcome here as there are great tattoo studios here in Rotterdam
That is so cool. I used to do drawings for a tattoo shop. I have some ink and my hubby has a whole bunch. Good luck finding a shop to work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement