Luna loves worms!!!!!!! - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Beagle Discussion

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2019, 06:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Luna loves worms!!!!!!!

Ok. So we are 4 days in to new puppy parents and Luna is doing wonderful. She is almost 9 weeks old now. We have started training her.. she is getting the hang of sit... down... up... leave it. (When we have treats). Leash walking is a disaster so far, but we havenít tried too much because all we can do is walk in the yard till she is fully vaccinated. One thing that she absolutely loves is dead dried worms in the driveway. I wanted to ask if it is normal for her to try to gobble them up? Also... will it hurt her? I didnít think it would harm her, but wanted to ask the audience...
Clowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2019, 07:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

If you want advice...post pictures...lol
Yes. Cassie and puppies want to eat EVERYTHING on the ground, including pebbles, sticks, grass, poop etc. Cassie will eat worms, crickets, moths and more. In fact she used to dig pieces of concrete on the patio and chew it. You'll just have to monitor what dangerous things go in the mouth. Get a bottle of BITTER APPLE at the pet store. You can spray where they get into contraband. I also used animal deterrent spray. ...its a full time job right now.
As for leash walking...my dog is 7yrs old and a bad puller. So not much good on this.

Last edited by Cassie; 05-02-2019 at 08:23 PM.
Cassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:51 AM   #3 (permalink)

my dog not only likes to eat worms and grubs but he also loves to run his body along the dead worm to get a lovely smell going on....
the odie dog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-03-2019, 11:51 AM   #4 (permalink)

Oh YES!!!
And when you have posted enough, post a picture too please. Welcome to Our Beagle World

techie
techie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 09:11 AM   #5 (permalink)

Oh goodness. Grossness! I would definitely start teaching leave it and pull her away when you see one. Welcome!
Autumn's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 01:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

Pictures you want? Ok.. how’s this picture? We have started teaching leave it. She doing great. 2 days into leave it training.. and she is starting to get it.
Attached Thumbnails
Luna loves worms!!!!!!!-f5e2c7e0-9907-48b4-bab8-44f8639814c9.jpg  

Last edited by Clowman; 05-04-2019 at 01:57 PM.
Old 05-04-2019, 02:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

My gosh...puppy cuteness. Do you see some color change from your earlier picture? Seems like a little more brown spots. My dog was basically black and white as a puppy but now has brown too.
Now that cute face is going to start biting you soon. So read up on how to curb it...its just about a 3-4 month phase they go through. Watch any small children if any are around.
Cassie was a biter and never does it now...
Attached Thumbnails
Luna loves worms!!!!!!!-20190131_105505_1556994403344.jpg  
Old 05-04-2019, 04:17 PM   #8 (permalink)

She has lost some white on her back. She had a very prominent moon shape on her back when she was born (thus the name Luna). That is mostly black now. He feet and legs has some awesome brown/reddish white spotting (is that red ticking.. I have no clue) . He blue ticking on he body is really coming in now.
Old 05-04-2019, 05:11 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowman View Post
She has lost some white on her back. She had a very prominent moon shape on her back when she was born (thus the name Luna). That is mostly black now. He feet and legs has some awesome brown/reddish white spotting (is that red ticking.. I have no clue) . He blue ticking on he body is really coming in now.
It is interesting to see the changes and how quickly they happen. Cassie has bluish ticking on her legs. For 7yrs old though she has maintained her coloring.
Dont worry too much about the worms...'ya havent lived until you've seen the legs of a lizard hanging out of her mouth...lol. cassie spends most of her day watching and hoping one will cross her path!
Old 05-04-2019, 06:14 PM   #10 (permalink)

Luna is adorable! I agree with Autumn's Mom. Try to deter the worm eating. EW! LOL!
Natty Boh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement