#6...lol - Page 2 - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Beagle Discussion

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2018, 07:23 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by techie View Post
Told you to buy the envelope type! They go over the end and wrap around. So look for some on sale in the white sales after Xmas and try a pair!
techie
Ok ok, i cracked and ordered another pair for $35. I have now spent $110.00 for 6 pillowcases. These pillowcases are especially large and wide to easily accommodate a dog bed. Couldnt find these in a department store.
Cassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2018, 08:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Hamvaska01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie View Post
I stitch with heavy thread but this one was toast. I bought extra large pillow cases on line to put the beds in to. But this smartie figured out how to get "inside" instead of "on"...so the purpose was useless. Heres cassie inside the pillowcase.
Hahaha so cute and smart.
Old 12-15-2018, 11:14 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar View Post
Xerxes destroyed his bed. He likes Luc's bed, but generally sleeps in our bed. Luc passed away Tuesday (WAHHHHHHHHHH) so we will see whether this means Xerxes spends more time in his bed and it gets subsequently eaten. Hoping not
So sorry to hear about Luc.
Natty Boh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2018, 11:46 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natty Boh View Post
So sorry to hear about Luc.
Thanks very much, I appreciate it. It's really weird without him. But 15.5 years old for a GSD mix is a good life, and he had many epic adventures. His dementia just got to be too much. You get used to it though, and don't realize. It's only now that he's gone and we see how Xerxes is that much free-er - even Nebbers - that we realize how his mental stuff was affecting the other dogs. We think he didn't always remember who they were and it made him angry at these strange dogs. No way for a dog like Luc to live either.
RIP Luc, German Shepherd mix, July 2003-December 2018
RIP Teagan, German Shepherd
Timothy and Cordelia, kitty cat terrors!
Nebuchadnezzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 12:01 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar View Post
Thanks very much, I appreciate it. It's really weird without him. But 15.5 years old for a GSD mix is a good life, and he had many epic adventures. His dementia just got to be too much. You get used to it though, and don't realize. It's only now that he's gone and we see how Xerxes is that much free-er - even Nebbers - that we realize how his mental stuff was affecting the other dogs. We think he didn't always remember who they were and it made him angry at these strange dogs. No way for a dog like Luc to live either.
Wow! I really understand. My previous dog was a purebred German Shepherd. She did really well, until about 13 years old. Then, she developed degenerative myelopathy. She lost muscle mass and dragged her rear paws. She had vision and hearing loss and yes - dementia. She often seemed confused. As the DM progressed, she sometimes could not get up, or would just fall over. She could no longer do steps. She became incontinent. She would walk along and drop poop without even realizing. It was so sad to watch. I kept hoping she would go in her sleep, but it seldom seems we get that wish. I needed surgery and knew I would no longer be able to lift her back to her feet. I had a vet come to the house to put her to sleep. The vet promised she would evaluate my dog and said it was no problem if I changed my mind about letting her go.

The vet took one look at my dog and said, "Oh, it's time!" I think it goes back to us being so close to the situation that we don't see how bad it really is sometimes. It sure hurts, though. They always take a piece of our hearts.

I'm just so sorry that your heart is hurting right now.

Hugs to you and your family!
Natty Boh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 12:34 AM   #16 (permalink)

Thanks Jan <3 That totally resonates, Luc had the polyneuropathy related to laryngeal paralysis. In him it was slow moving - he was diagnosed 5 years ago and didn't need the tie back surgery until May this year - but his hind end was very weak, he dragged his feet, couldn't do steps, had trouble getting up from lying down - we put rugs everywhere, which helped, but didn't totally fix the situation. About a month before he passed we bought a Help Em Up harness which was good but yeah. He was getting aggressive with the other animals and us at times, and that wasn't his nature. We thought it was pain though it didn't totally make sense, and then our vet said 'You need to consider dementia'. We'd thought he'd had it for awhile, and had tried him on meds and supplements, which either didn't agree with him or did nothing, and at what point were we keeping him alive for us and not him, if we kept trying other meds. My grandma had dementia and asked to die for years, he didn't have to go through that.

He was sick for a few weeks in November with a bug and he just couldn't recover, and stopped being able to tolerate pain meds, and we tried new ones. We think too being physically sick accelerated his dementia symptoms.
RIP Luc, German Shepherd mix, July 2003-December 2018
RIP Teagan, German Shepherd
Timothy and Cordelia, kitty cat terrors!
Nebuchadnezzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement