RIP Buster - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Rainbow Bridge Memorials

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2013, 09:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default RIP Buster

I had too do one of the hardest things ever yesterday. Buster our cross beagle and cocker spaniel could not get up Tuesday when I got home from work in the afternoon with his arthritis. He was in really bad pain and had also been drinking a lot of water and being unable too control his bladder for the past few days. I had tried to help him up with no joy and could tell he was in really bad pain. We left him on his dog bed in our bed room and my wife gave him a pain killer which dogs can take. He was yelping so I told my wife too expect the worst. Its ok me telling her that but how can you in reality? My wife lied on the bed and started petting him and spending some time with him with our other dogs. We of course had him booked in the vets for 9:30 am in the morning the next day. I was not looking forward too the vets appointment or trying too carry him too the car the next day.

In the morning my wife informed me that he was able too get up and walk so we was able too get him on his leash and into the car. My wife sat in the car as sadly shes on medical leave with arthritis in her feet. and is having problems walking. She is only 30

I got Buster on the examining table in the vets and looking at all his four legs he was standing all crooked. Arthritis was confirmed in all four legs. The lump we had found was a tumor on his bones rib cage. Upon getting some blood work done on him the results were not good. When waiting for the results I held Buster in my arms in the waiting room. He was shaking and I knew he was in pain. There was problems with his liver and various other problems. I knew it was bad prior too the blood tests. I didn't really want them doing but it was nice too know what was wrong. I guess you know when its time too put a dog too sleep.

I had too take a couple of trips too the car too inform my wife the news and what was happening. She was in tears. I told her the vet said he could give him some pain medicine and you could spend a few days with Buster or get him put too sleep then and now. She wanted him put to sleep. We both didn't want him too have any suffering.

I took Buster back into the room and put him back on the table. I held him and told him that he wasn't going too suffer no more and that my wife and I loved him. I held him whilst the vet started too get the injection ready. There was an assistant from the office petting him also. Buster yelped when they put the needle in him and within seconds he was asleep. The vet listening too his heart and confirmed his heart had stopped. I had a few minutes with him said my good byes and took my collar off and returned too a very upset wife too the car.

Buster was a very intelligent dog who was very vocal. He used too be able too make noises that sound like words like hell no. I love you momma and hello. He even made a noise that sounded like hello Robert (my real first name).

The bond with Buster and my wife was very strong. He would follow her everywhere even in the bathroom she was her dog. He would only came too me if he wanted something like too go outside.

Buster had came from the animal shelter he was originally my sister in laws dog as my wife used too live with her sister they became very close. We used too sneak Buster in our apartment at weekends until someone tried too grass us up. We got Buster 18 months ago when we closed on our house and my sis in law didn't want him no more.

I had walked Buster too the apartment once just too take something there when we first got it as we used too live with my sis in law when we first got married ( I had moved from England too the USA) And that is all it took. Buster used too get out and come too our place it was a 10 minute walk but Buster knew how too get there. He would wake us up at 4 am on regular occasions. There was an earthquake a few years back and exactly one hour too the minute the time it happened Buster was outside our door come too see if we was safe.

We took Buster too be groomed and as soon as we walked him too collect him I heard him say help me.

RIP Buster
Attached Thumbnails
RIP Buster-543996_10151272217183008_379217128_n.jpg  
paulinespens is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 10:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

Very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how painful this was for you and your wife. You are very kind for your unselfish act and letting him go free of his pain. I only hope I can do the same in your situation.
williadj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default RIP Buster

You and your wife are not alone. Euthanizing a beloved pet is never an easy thing. You did the best for him in life and in death. He is a beautiful boy who was blessed to have you and your wife as his people.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Sometimes when I get up in the morning, I feel very peculiar. I feel like I've just got to bite a cat! I feel like if I don't bite a cat before sundown, I'll go crazy! But then I just take a deep breath and forget about it. That's what is known as real maturity.
Peanuts
Snoopy
My6beagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:29 AM   #4 (permalink)

I am so sorry for your loss. It is hard to let them go, but sometimes it is the kind, loving, unselfish thing to do. Buster was lucky to have you and your wife in his life.
ljas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I am so very sorry for your loss. It sounds like you and your wife gave Buster a wonderful home.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:10 AM   #6 (permalink)

Your post made me cry. It is so hard to let them go, but it is the last loving thing we can do for them. A friend told me this,,,,,,"It is better to put a pet to sleep two weeks too soon, than one day too late." Truer words were never spoken. You did not allow Buster to suffer. You had the option of keeping him here a little longer. That would have been for you. You chose to let him go, because it was the best thing for Buster.

I am so sorry for you and your wife. I am also sorry that your wife is having a problem with arthritis at such a young age.

Blessings to you both!
Jan
Natty Boh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:57 AM   #7 (permalink)

I also cried reading this. I'm sorry for your loss but it was your gain that you had owned such a lovly boy and loved him and spent time with him, he is now always going to be a big part of yours and your wife's lives that will never be forgotten.
ruthc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:03 PM   #8 (permalink)

Default RIP Buster

I'm very sorry for your loss, my heart goes out to you & your wife. If it helps, there's a book called "Just One More Day" by Geoffrey Bain about healing from pet loss. I found it quite helpful

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Clairebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:15 PM   #9 (permalink)

I too am very sorry for your loss. We lost our 1st dog to cancer last October.
Buster is running pain free over the rainbow bridge and playing with the other doggies there. He will meet you both at the gate when the time comes.
techie
techie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

Thanks for everyones kind words. It really means alot to us.
paulinespens is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement