Aston Martin after 1 year with us - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Photo Gallery

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2012, 10:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Aston Martin after 1 year with us

Aston Martin after 1 year with us-imageuploadedbypg-free1356664830.456103.jpgAston Martin after 1 year with us-imageuploadedbypg-free1356664849.340306.jpg[ATTACH]8085[/ATTACH

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Attached Thumbnails
Aston Martin after 1 year with us-imageuploadedbypg-free1356664866.180138.jpg   Aston Martin after 1 year with us-imageuploadedbypg-free1356664883.564672.jpg  
shelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2012, 11:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

Adorable!
ljas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

He's adorable! I just love those big brown eyes
techie
techie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

I wish that I could jump that high.
btomlin75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

A few more of my boy....the last pic was his first night at home with us. Fell asleep with me holding his nose for him:-)

Aston Martin after 1 year with us-imageuploadedbypg-free1356739564.219428.jpgAston Martin after 1 year with us-imageuploadedbypg-free1356739583.345826.jpgAston Martin after 1 year with us-imageuploadedbypg-free1356739595.953546.jpg

Old 12-28-2012, 07:10 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by btomlin75 View Post
I wish that I could jump that high.
We are gonna have to raise the bar some more! Lol

Old 12-28-2012, 08:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

Hi Shelly
Would love to know more about Aston Martin and if he is allowed free access to your house? is he kept in a penned area? If he has access to the house how is that going...any destruction?...challenges? Cassie is 11 months and would like to know if she is about the same.
Cassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:07 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie View Post
Hi Shelly
Would love to know more about Aston Martin and if he is allowed free access to your house? is he kept in a penned area? If he has access to the house how is that going...any destruction?...challenges? Cassie is 11 months and would like to know if she is about the same.
Aston Martin is 2 & a half years old now. We adopted him from a beagle rescue in the Houston area. We don't know much about his previous life other than he belonged to a husband & wife. They got divorced and she left without him & the husband abandoned him on the side of a busy Houston area highway. A Good Samaritan rescued him and brought him to the rescue. The lady in charge of the rescue had his microchip scanned and was able to track down the vet clinic to get the rest of the story. We drove from San Antonio to Houston with our almost 17 year dachshund mix to see if they would get along & they hit it off right away so we took him home. Within the first few days we began to see he had some severe separation anxiety & the first vet visit revealed he had severe restrain net issues. On the vet's suggestion, we got a personal trainer and put him in obedience class. Within the first hour he had learned sit, down, & roll over. That helped more than you know.

He is allowed full access to the house when we are home. He is crated during the day when we at work. At first he did some chewing on household things...his raised food bowl holder, various pillows & blankets, my wooden ducks.....but not really furniture. But that subsided as time went on. Now the only things he chews on are his toys and longs. The crating was a challenge at first, but now he goes willingly as long as there is a kong loaded with peanut butter. He is allowed on the furniture (not kitchen table, obviously). He usually follows me around the house wherever I go, not because he's afraid I'll abandon him, but because he's curious. He's usually at my feet when we eat dinner, but he doesn't beg. We do let him sleep on the bed with us and he usually sleeps between us although he what I call a mobile sleeper. He's all over the place.

He's currently in the advanced obedience class and learning agility. We've just about mastered the hurdle. Next up is the tunnel. The challenges we face on a daily basis is how to keep him entertained and his mind busy. We work on his commands and try to learn new tricks because he gets bored easily. You know what they say about a bored beagle....

I may have given too much information...if so, sorry about that. I am extremely proud of how far he has come in a year.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #9 (permalink)

Hi Shelly
Thank you for the details and ...wow such a story for the Beag. I see he is much older than Cassie. My big goal is to get her freed into the house, and something I am working on a little at a time. Mainly getting the rooms "puppy proofed".
Cassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

I like the name
TrueBlueFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement