New beagle owner...need to know if getting another puppy is a good idea or bad one. - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Introductions

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2013, 04:34 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default New beagle owner...need to know if getting another puppy is a good idea or bad one.

I just got a beagle puppy 2 months ago she has been a joy and alot of, but I knew that coming in. My roommates our moving out and so is my beagles play mate. Which was a 6 month old pit bull pup. They love playing together. I have been thinking of getting another dog so she won't be alone when I'm at work. I have the time for another puppy and us to taking care of 2-3 at the same time. So I'm not worried about the add training. I heard so many mixed reviews on getting another beagle. Is getting a another beagle a good or bad idea? I have the might be looking at adopting a 4month old dachshund beagle mix this sunday. Is it a good idea? Please me owners help beagle owners. My pup is also 4 months old is it good to get them the same age?
Jacob5676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 05:32 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default New beagle owner...need to know if getting another puppy is a good idea or bad one.

I am of the belief that beagles are pack animals. They will lay all over each other or walk on each other with a no harm no foul attitude. If you have the time and financial resources for a second dog personally I would go for it. I can't imagine just having one beagle. I'd probably go through some type of withdrawal and have to be hospitalized if I only had one. New beagle owner...need to know if getting another puppy is a good idea or bad one.-imageuploadedbypg-free1359628323.934098.jpg

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Sometimes when I get up in the morning, I feel very peculiar. I feel like I've just got to bite a cat! I feel like if I don't bite a cat before sundown, I'll go crazy! But then I just take a deep breath and forget about it. That's what is known as real maturity.
Peanuts
Snoopy
My6beagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:20 AM   #3 (permalink)

How do you walk 5 or 6 beagles My6Beagles I struggle with just one tripping me up and running around me like a man head lol
ruthc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:46 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthc86 View Post
How do you walk 5 or 6 beagles My6Beagles I struggle with just one tripping me up and running around me like a man head lol
I am very fortunate as we have plenty of land and trails. I never have all ten of my pack on leash. But when I have two or more out and about I use a coupler to attach to their harness that hooks two at a time. Trust me I've had my share of face plants while walking!!!! Lol

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Sometimes when I get up in the morning, I feel very peculiar. I feel like I've just got to bite a cat! I feel like if I don't bite a cat before sundown, I'll go crazy! But then I just take a deep breath and forget about it. That's what is known as real maturity.
Peanuts
Snoopy
My6beagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

I have four and I second everything My6Beagles said. The only thing I would recommend is not to get a 2nd until the 1st is reliably housebroken.
Hsaiotei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

I absolutely agree with both My6Beagles and Hsaiotei.
ljas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:55 AM   #7 (permalink)

It seems you are up for task, my only advice is.....get another dog, because YOU want another dog. Never get another dog for the resident dog.
Natty Boh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement