Hello from Maryland! - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Introductions

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2012, 11:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Hello from Maryland!

We lost our 14.5 year old German Shepherd in August. She was adopted from the pound at age 2. First adult dog I ever adopted. She was already housebroken and non-destructive. I had puppies before. Been there. Done that. Adult rescues are great.

My son had his heart set on a puppy. I told him the only way I would get a puppy was if we adopted one from a high kill shelter. So - We found a hound mix puppy on the euth. list in SC. I had him transported to our house. We named him Natty Boh. He was born June 27th.

Natty Boh is a lemon colored beagle mix. He has the beagle tail and the beagle nose. He walks with his tail straight up and his nose to the ground. His ears look to be Brittany, as are his light eyes and pinkish nose and he points - head up, tail straight out, paw lifted. I also suspect some JRT. He is tenacious. He doesn't know when to quit.

"Boh" is very smart. The first month I had him, he learned sit, down, come, stay, wait, dance, high 5, high 10, over, and the combat crawl. He is very food motivated, but if I don't have a treat, he doesn't know me.

We built Boh a few pieces of agility equipment. He is working on jumps and the weave poles. A tired puppy is a good puppy. Boh has met lots of people and dogs and loves them all. Puppies are a lot of work, but Boh is worth it. He has been a wonderful addition to our family.

Going from a senior dog to a puppy and a German Shepherd to a hound mix....huge changes. Think I'll be learning a lot here.

Jan & Natty Boh
Natty Boh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 08:14 AM   #2 (permalink)

Congrats!

Great name! (that's the closest Natty wink emoticon option)

He must be a genuine Baldymoor hon, so you'll have to take him down'eer over'eer to see dem O's, too.

Sorry to read about your old timer. We had to let ours go at exactly the same age. She was as far as we could tell, an American Indian dog. She spent her life on the Baldymoor city line in Catonsville and particularly in the Patapsco valley. We can hardly stand to go back to those old trails, our fond memories of time spent with her there, still haunt the place.
Bops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:09 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thank you!

Yep. I was born and raised in Baltimore City. My cousin owns the corner bar, so perhaps Natty Boh could be her mascot. LOL! Currently in Towson. No matter where Boh lives, I tell him he ain't nothin', but a hound dog.

Sorry to hear about your loss too. It is so hard to lose them. SIGH!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:48 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natty Boh View Post
Thank you!

Yep. I was born and raised in Baltimore City. My cousin owns the corner bar, so perhaps Natty Boh could be her mascot. LOL! Currently in Towson. No matter where Boh lives, I tell him he ain't nothin', but a hound dog.

Sorry to hear about your loss too. It is so hard to lose them. SIGH!
I grew up, right up the road in Timonium.

Take your new boy to Loch Raven, he'll have a blast. There's a great access at Dulaney Valley and Seminary, alongside of the pumping station...woods, water and more to sniff than even a hounds nose can manage. Just use a leash, hounds + freedom = lost dog posters.
Bops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

Small World! Too funny. I'm sure Boh would love Loch Raven. My girls want to take him to the farm, where we board our horse. It's in Monkton and abuts the Gunpowder State Park. I think Boh would like the horses. Boh likes EVERYTHING!

I was a bit concerned bringing a beagle in with our two house rabbits. I had a beagle growing up. He was a great ratter. Shook those rats to death. (City, remember?) LOL! He was a great dog. Boh likes the rabbits. Gives the female kisses. Play bows to the male bunny, but the male bunny hates him. (He's a grumpy bunny.) Hated our GSD too. The shepherd was scared of him. Boh isn't afraid of anything.

I love those fearless crazy beagle crosses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement