New member and hound :) - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Introductions

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2012, 09:10 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default New member and hound :)

Hi all, found this fab forum whilst browsing for info on beagles. I have a 10 month old male beagle puppy called George, who lives with me, my hubby and my 2 boys (7 &9)
As you can imagine life doesn't have a dull moment with 2 very loud kids and my super-excitable little hound dog.
George is a gorgeous, friendly little dog and we all love him to bits, that said, we could do with advice in some areas, as it does feel, on occasion that he rules the roost!!! Have found the info I have read so far brilliant, so looking forward to getting to know everyone and learn from experience!!!
Lozza2212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

Welcome to you Lozza and George.
I also have sons.. Its great fun isn't it. I have 15 month old Buddy who is just a dream. I also have 4 month old partially deaf Phoebe who is trying desperatly to rule the roost.
There is nothing better than a Sunday morning walk in the woods with their little Beagle noses firmly attached to the floor.
BUDDYTHEBEAGLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

Hello everyone,
I have a new 11 week old pup that we have added to our family 3 weeks ago. We are having a little problems with separation anxiety. She seems to chew or drool so bad that any toys we leave for her are soaked when we return home after short times away. Has anyone experienced this and any ideas on how to soothe her while we are gone?
DaisyAyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

My shih tzu had this. The only thing I found that was effective was putting a chair in front of the window so she could watch for me while I was gone. She wouldn't budge off that chair even if I was gone 6 hours. However, this was pre-internet, so there is probably and actual training solution that would work lol. Have you google-searched "separation anxiety,drooling"?
Hsaiotei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Welcome! Young beagles can be a handful for sure. Training and exercise are the best thing to help you have a more relaxed hound. Puppy training classes are really good. You kids can work on training too, like teaching sit and stay. Family walks are great too, just be sure that George is walking under control and not dragging you all along
Advertisement