Meet Milli :) - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Introductions

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2012, 11:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Meet Milli :)

Milli is my and my boyfriends two year old rescue. They say you don't always get the dog you want , you get the dog you need. In our case I find this especially true. We were not looking nor even considering getting another dog , we already had one our 6 year old lab mix. But Milli walked her way right into our hearts. Here's the story. My boyfriend works for a recycle company and normally works Tuesday - Friday , but it was Easter so instead of working on the Friday he worked Saturday. When he got to work in the morning he was doing the circle check of his truck making sure everything was in order and felt something on his leg, when he looked down there was Milli. He left Milli with one of the mechanics for the day and when he finished work he brought her home. The moment I saw her face I was in love. We had a long discussion on what the proper thing to do was, we knew if she had an owner that was missing her they had to be reunited. As I said before it was Easter weekend so as we called around we found everything was closed, we decided to keep her for the weekend. We finally got ahold of someone on Monday and made arragements to surrender her. This moment was bitter sweet because we had fallen in love but we knew she would get any medical treatment needed and get a chance to find her original home. After getting home that evening we sat and talked again , went over our finances and decided if there was no home found for Milli we would adopt her. After an agonizing month long wait , we got the call. Milli was up for adoption and ready for her forever home !! We were so excited We've now had Milli for about 7 months and couldn't be happier. It's been a long road with training , she didn't even know how to sit when we got her , but with much patients and love we're getting there. She's far from perfect , but she's perfect for our little family
PaulaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

What a great story! Milli was meant to belong to your family
Advertisement