Our Beagle World Forums banner

To all new members...

2M views 816 replies 334 participants last post by  Bagelthebeagle 
#1 ·
We welcome all new members and encorage them to introduce themselves and their Beagles (and honorary Beagles) in this section.
Come on, tell us all about you, we are a very curious bunch here, and we just looooove pictures! Of your Beagles of course...

Once again, Welcome to our little world!

#273 ·
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

Hi everyone I would just like to introduce Jake and Buddy (Formerly known as Puddy) and their human family the Turners
These photos we're taken on their first trip to the beach. These 2 are not keen on any sort of water other than to drink and we weren't sure how they would go. It has been very hot here in Melbourne and we needed to get them cooled off.
They surprised us by walking straight into the water and at one stage even going for a short swim (still attached to the leash) out to the sandbank at Bonbeach where they could see other dogs.
Jake came to us from a family who were going to be travelling with the dad for work and didn't want to put their 3 month old beagle in a kennel. He melted our hearts and chewed our shoes and was very quickly a part of our family. He suffers from infrequent Epileptic fits but is not medicated yet.
Buddy came to us from Beagle rescue and it was the most amazing thing we could have done. Jake loves having a brother and Buddy got over being aggressive over food etc and is now the biggest sook!
Both dogs are about 3 years old and rule our house and diligently keep our backyard free of birds!!!
They escaped a few times as we live next to a lane and had to completely surround our block with chicken wire but it worked.
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's photos and stories.
Peta

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#276 ·
Copper !

Hi everyone. I have a three month old beagle named copper, like the fox and the hound. It's a boys name but she's a spoiled little beagle. She's my first beagle but I've had other breeds before. I love all the posts so far and I'm excited to join the community as I have some questions

My puppy has an umbilical hernia ? I've never experienced this. My vet says she's okay but are there any other experiences out there ?
Also I'm feeding her 1/2 cup twice a day of oriejen red, Is this too much ? She weighs 9.5 pounds.

#278 ·
Barney

Hi, we are proud new owners to Barney, we meet through fate. It has been a dream of my mom's to have a beagle or basset hound and we had decided on the beagle. My last dog who was a golden retriever died about five years ago we've been prolonging getting a new dog for long time, that have recently been thinking about getting a dog. On Saturday we went into Petsmart looking for cat food, we usually don't shop there but decided to go in because it was next to store we were going to and they didn't have cat food. By coincidence a local animal shelter had brought in dogs to adopt and there was one beagle, Barney. He is 10 years old, had recently had a surgery for non cancerous cysts. We decided that a older dog is what we needed and he needed a home. It's been a week and he's made a perfect home here, we have three cats and he gets along with all of them. Youngest a one year old car goes up to him and gives him noises, And he goes up to her and does the same. He's well trained, lovable, spunky and a cuddler. We know that we may have him for a short or even longer time and we plan to make those days great!

#279 ·
Hello!! I have two beagles that I have had for 5 years. They are both rescue dogs, one is 7 one is 5. I joined this forum because my husband left 9mo ago and my dogs are no longer potty trained! They pee all over, I have had them checked for diabetes or other health issues and there is nothing, my vet insists it's behavioral, I am hoping to get some advice. They do have "water addiction" all of their water has to be rationed throughout the day it always has, but that is from being abused before I owned them. I love my dogs dearly and so does my son, but I have to figure out how to repotty train them!!!

#281 ·
Hello :)

Hello all.. Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Claudia , and I am owned by 5 wonderful beagles...They are terrific dogs.. who couldn't be more devoted to their owners.. I also just have a litter of 8 pups, and a litter of one. I have the occasional litter so others can enjoy these great dogs as well. My last litter was 4 years ago.. And I found them all great homes.. I am extremely fussy about that... I am from Northeastern Pa and look forward to getting to know you all! ;)

#283 ·
Hi I'm Donna and we have just adopted a 10 week old Beagle pup from a shelter. They have labeled her a Hound Mix but everyone who meets her including the vet says she is a beagle. She is the sweetest cutest thing I have ever seen. As my daughter says, we have dog fever. I found this site as I was researching whether or not to put in an invisible fence. She got out today for the first time, dug a hole right under the 6ft privacy fence. She didn't go anywhere but it really scared me. I have never felt so bonded to an animal before, it's amazing.

#285 ·
Pictures....pictures....pictures....pictures....pictures....PICTURES

I have seven beagles on an invisible fence but I double the training time they suggest. They are beagles after all.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#289 ·
Hi everyone! I'm Laura and our 6 month old cutie is Shasta. We've had her since she was 9 weeks old and my husband and I are completely smitten by this pint-sized hound. Hoping my new registration will allow me to post pictures soon. This is our first Beagle so I'm sure I'm going to have lots of questions. I'm amazed at how mature she is at this age. Shasta gets so many compliments on her calm disposition and how well she socializes with other dogs. She met our friends' twin 8 month old Malamutes today and absolutely held her own while playing with them. I've spent a LOT of time training her and I guess it's paying off. She does have some separation anxiety, but she's crated when we're not at home and other than bay and bark when we leave, she doesn't destroy anything or eliminate in her crate. She's going to be small; less than 20 pounds and she has the light coloring: charcoal with tawny and white with grey eyes.

#290 ·
Hello!

Greetings from Alaska!

I am a lurker and read a lot of good info on here. We have a 4 yr old beagle named Bailey and we are in the process of getting her a little sister at the end of this week. We are excited about that.

Just wanted to say hi and that I like this forum and all the info that is on here. I hope to learn more from you all in the near future.

#296 ·
Aloha!

Aloha from sunny and beautiful Hawaii! It's been four years since I joined this message board. I apologize I haven't been active in posting. Our Beagles are now full grown. Bogey will be 7 in May and Maggie will be 6 in September. Life got busy so I just didn't have the time to be online much, but am trying to connect with other Beagle owners. In 2010, Maggie overcame small intestinal cancer. In 2012, Bogey and his lady had a litter of six puppies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.