New Member - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Introductions

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2017, 08:53 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default New Member

I adopted a six month old beagle from the local humane society, and she has been the absolute best dog I could ever ask for. She is now 2 years old, and the past year and a half has been amazing with her. I'm 37 years old, and have no kids, or family of my own, but my beagle has become a child, of sorts, for me. Wherever I go, she has to go. Even if I'm just heading out for fast-food, she HAS to go with me. I know that some would consider this "unhealthy" in that she can become a Velcro dog, but she honestly is just like a person riding with me.
Prior to my beagle, I had a Chihuahua for 15 years, and he was my best buddy. We went through a lot of crap together, and he remained loyal to me up until his death. While I absolutely loved him, I knew he was "my" dog, and I couldn't really trust him around other people due to his tendency to snap at them. He never actually bit anyone, but he never really took to anyone else, either. So, I couldn't let people pet him, or even offer him a treat. So, when I got Piper (my beagle), it was so refreshing to have a dog that I trust, 100%, to never bite someone. She is the loviest dog you can imagine. Also, when I actually have to be away for work, she absolutely loves staying with my parents, and my parents love her. In short, I think beagles are the best breed of dog, without question. Although, I may be biased?. That emoji sucks by the way, but I'm using a new Pixel cell phone and don't know the ins and outs of it yet.
JRN00498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2017, 10:06 AM   #2 (permalink)

Welcome to you and your girl. What is her name?
Natty Boh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 10:43 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natty Boh View Post
Welcome to you and your girl. What is her name?
Jan pay attention...the dog's name is "Piper"....lol
Welcome to the forum, can't wait to see a picture of the beagle velcro...heehee. My dog, Cassie, sticks to me too and is a sweetie.
Cassie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2017, 11:35 AM   #4 (permalink)

Note to new members.....

To help Jan with her reading comprehension skills, please start your post with, "My dogs' name is....." lol!

Cassie, you didn't see the picture? HAHAHA!
Old 03-28-2017, 12:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natty Boh View Post
Note to new members.....

To help Jan with her reading comprehension skills, please start your post with, "My dogs' name is....." lol!

Cassie, you didn't see the picture? HAHAHA!
Jan, coffee helps ...really. LOL
Cassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 01:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

EW! Chocolate - yes! Coffee - no!
Old 03-28-2017, 02:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks for the welcome, everybody. I have been reading this site for some time, and have no clue why it took this long for me to join. I love my beagle to pieces, but there sure are some weird quirks that I never prepared for. Mainly, the issue with getting her potty trained, and KEEPING her potty trained. I'm sure in time she will get better at it, but some days she goes to the door to be let out, other days she cops a squat wherever she feels like it. I'm sure I'll learn a lot here.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:39 PM   #8 (permalink)

P.S. I spent the last hour and a half trying to figure out why I couldn't post anything. Probably would have helped had I read the entire PM I got.
Old 03-28-2017, 03:39 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRN00498 View Post
Thanks for the welcome, everybody. I have been reading this site for some time, and have no clue why it took this long for me to join. I love my beagle to pieces, but there sure are some weird quirks that I never prepared for. Mainly, the issue with getting her potty trained, and KEEPING her potty trained. I'm sure in time she will get better at it, but some days she goes to the door to be let out, other days she cops a squat wherever she feels like it. I'm sure I'll learn a lot here.
I have two. They are potty trained. I tend to take them out on a schedule, rather than trusting them to tell me. I let them in the yard, first thing in the morning. They both pee. Once in a while, they will poop, but usually not. They come in and eat. Soon thereafter, I take them out again. Boh may, or may not poop. I don't worry about him. Shelby always has to poop, after breakfast, but she has the attention span of a gnat. I sometimes wind up putting her on leash and walking her to the side of the house. I always, always, always, go out with them, when they potty - so I'm sure they go. lol!

I know their routines. They generally poop only twice a day - morning and evening. They go out to potty, morning, afternoon, evening and bedtime. That works for us.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:16 PM   #10 (permalink)

Welcome to Beagle World
Jan I couldn't find the name 'Piper' ether
techie
techie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement