Beagle growths - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Health and Welfare

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2013, 07:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question Beagle growths

Cobi is a 12 1/2 year old nuetuered boy. He is priceless in my mind and heart. Since he has been 10 years old he has been growing moles, skin tags and now fatty bumps on his stomach. We had them tested and they are fatty growths, we had one taken off because it looked like dried tapioca. He has arthritis in his back legs, so we built him steps to get up on the bed. He eats, sleeps, pees, and poos and if full of energy for an "old man" can keep up with his brother who is only 5. He has one growth on his stomach that is a fatty mass, benign, but now has three little bumps on it the size of my pinky nail. They were brownish black, like a blood blister. He jumped up on his step ladder and missed and fell off, and popped two of them, there was blood on the blanket he sleeps on, and then other popped from his brother licking it. Has anyone else had this happen with the blood pockets?Although he is still a very active dog, we know that we won't have him forever.We've been through this before with out first beagle as far as Rainbow Bridge, etc., but if this is just part of the fatty deposit, then I will quick looking for the angel of good dogs. We love him more than I can tell,you, but don't want that to cloud our judgement on his welfare either.Any ideas on this newest growth?
sdkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2013, 08:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Beagles definately get their share of lumps and bumps. I haven't seen anything like you described, hopefully someone else here has. You may want to have the vet check them out to be safe and make sure that he isn't uncomfortable from them.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

Recently Cassie had a pea size bump on the inside flap of her ear which seemed like a blood blister. the vet did a fine needle biopsy which turned out benign. He said it bled a lot when he inserted the needle. It eventually dried up and fell off.

All that said, I'd have a vet at least look at it. I can tell you the biopsy was expensive though.
Cassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement