11 week old puppy wheezing/snoring - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Health and Welfare

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2012, 01:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 11 week old puppy wheezing/snoring

Hello there
I have an 11 week old beagle that we got on Tuesday. She came from quite a rough area and was housed outside in a shed with sawdust on the floor. She had her first injections the day after we bought her home. Since we have had her she makes a constant snoring sound when she is relaxed, sometimes it can be more of a wheezing sound (it doesn't happen when she's playing) she's eating, drinking and going to the toilet fine. It's worrying me a little as especially at night the snoring is very loud and just doesnt seem normal. The vet said she was a little underweight but other than that fine, she's due To go back for her 2nd injection on the 4th January. Is this anything to worry about? Should I take her back before then? Thank you for your time
boomspaqetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2012, 02:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

I would take her in earlier and have that checked. It may not be a problem but certainly isn't normal. I wonder, did it start after her vaccine(s) or has she done this since you got her?
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Hi alice
Thank you for your reply. She's done it since we got her. What concerns me is the vets are not open now until after christmas. I just don't know what to do
Old 12-22-2012, 02:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

That is concerning and I understand. If she doesn't seem to be suffering and it isn't keeping her from resting, eating, drinking, peeing, pooping and or playing I wouldn't be overly concerned.
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:33 PM   #5 (permalink)

My male snores from time to time and I have other dogs that snored. If the pup is active and doing fine then no real worries.
btomlin75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:29 PM   #6 (permalink)

My puppy sometimes snores but not when she's awake. Maybe get her checked at the vets when you can but as mentioned if eating and playing then don't worry too much about it. If she was really poorly you would know =)
ruthc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #7 (permalink)

Our 5 year old makes all kinds of snoring noises when she's relaxing. She's fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Pbs1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:11 PM   #8 (permalink)

Brodie made a lot of snuffling, wheezing and snoring noises when she was younger, around the 11 - 18 week old mark. She doesn't do it any more. I think it's just a beagle thing that they grow out of.
Hazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:33 PM   #9 (permalink)

Rascal at 4 yo sort of rumbles. Sort of like a cat purring but in bass
She starts to yip and howl when she sees us getting ready for a walk. Seems like it is from excitement.
techie
techie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

Thank you for very much for your replies. I ended up taking her to the vets Monday morning as late Sunday she seemed to be choking and not quite catching her breath. It turns out she has a mouth and throat infection. She's got antibiotics and they already seem to be making a difference. She's definately perkier today then when I bought her home last week. The vet thinks it may be down to the poor conditions she was living in when I got her. I'm tempted to report him for animal cruelty! At least she's in the right place now, she's such a little sweety, have only had her a week today and I'm already very attached to her and my little boy adores her!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement