Walkies - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Health and Welfare

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 10:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

Cool Walkies

Hi guys,

I've another question for you.

Millie had her second vaccine only 2 weeks ago so I've only been walking her for a week now, I've been taking her during the afternoon for about 20 minutes and she loves it and it seems to keep her quite for a couple hours after it.

I was wondering when do I start taking her on 2 walks a day, she's only 14 weeks so don't want to over do it.

She does love her walks and I'm sure if I took her out a second time during the day she would love it.

Thanks
ruthc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Hey Ruth. My beagles especially buddy loves his routine and if it changes for any reason he doesn't like it all.
I work so always walk them for roughly 20 mins in morning and at least double that at night but when they were babies I still did 2 walks but increased it as they got older. Maybe start off with a shorter walk in the morning.
I am always off on a Friday so I always tried to give them new experiences like picking kids up from school or go to the beach. I've even been known to leave them in the car whilst I'm in sainsburys just because they want to be with you. And of course they love to go to the local pub.
Good luck. Just for the simple fact you are asking lots of questions says you are going to be a great beagle owner.
BUDDYTHEBEAGLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks I'm hoping to be a good owner.

I will try maybe take her 10 minutes in the early afternoon and then again 10-20 minutes in the evening see if she likes that routine and then as you said increase the time as she gets older.

I am waiting for a day both me and my boyfriend are off work, I only work about 8-12 days a month but he works practically every day, to take her somewhere really new like the beach or a big park. Looking forward to doing that, maybe this weekend. That will be a longer walk so I think just the one walk that day.

I really enjoy walking her, she's not great on the lead though and nearly try's to trip you up sometimes...spins round you and you never know which direction she's gonna head next. Hopefully puppy class will help me teach her to stay next to me while we are walking. Once she has learned that I can get her one of them leashes that extends.

Thanks again for the advice
ruthc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

From Brodie having her jags, I took her out 45m-60minutes in the morning and the same again at 4pm. At the weekends I take her out for about 2 hours in the morning and an hour later on. That hasn't changed from the beginning and she does very well on it. She never seems exhausted though and could probably do double!

I sometimes run with her instead of walking and she loves running.
Hazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement