Little brown spots on skin?? - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Health and Welfare

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2012, 02:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Little brown spots on skin??

This morning I noticed little brownish dots on Puddles, around his private area. I wet a cloth down to see if they would wipe off in case it was dirt or flea dirt.... it's right in the skin so I have no idea what could be causing it. Any thoughts?
Puddlypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 12:23 AM   #2 (permalink)

Hmm ok, so I think I may have discovered what this is, I think it may be a staph infection So, I am going to try some natural remedy and see if it helps. A friend of mine used Apple Cider Vinegar and said it helped her dog. Here's to hoping.......
Old 03-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

how old is the beagle , also it is quite common for a dogs skin to get small spots or change color slightly with age. If you completely shaved my beagle his skin would look like a dalmation.

If its a staph infection , its very serious and not something you can treat with home remedies, also very contagious to humans.
reo750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:00 AM   #4 (permalink)

How are they looking now Puddlypoo?
I noticed, with Buttons being all shaved for his surgery, he has lots of brown markings on his skin - some of them look like dirt but it's just pigmentation - they get more of them as they get older.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:03 AM   #5 (permalink)

Hey gals and guys I bought some Apple Cider Vinegar which is supposed to be good for many things, including skin issues. It very well could just be from allergies or even old age I just don't recall ever seeing them before.
I'll give the ACV a few days and see how it goes. I put some on his back end where his skin has been dry and today it seems to be looking better, not as scaly. This poor dog has so many allergies I really hate giving him medication all the time if it's not absolutely necessary, so I'd prefer to try something natural first. I'll let ya know how he looks in a few days
Old 03-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

I know what you mean - Buttons is the same, he gets so many different meds for his allergies that I'm constantly on the lookout for natural alternatives to try.
My next step is to try acupuncture - although we need to work on getting his legs fixed first (sooooo expensive, we have no money left for anything else, lol).
Old 03-19-2012, 12:13 AM   #7 (permalink)

Hi everyone,

I am just reading the comments about the brown spots that then flows on to allergies.

In relation to brown spots --- yes they do often get them with age, and yes most of my beagles have been covered with some/lots of them and could be seen on their bellies. I spent many $ panicking about them and even got a second opionion once only to find that in my case it was normal.

What type of allergies are you all talking about. My girls and I are living in Brisbane QLD Australia. The climate is mostly summerish all year round.

I have had beagles since 1978 and have not had any problems with allergies.

All my beagles have American ancestry in various amounts.

take care now

Jewels
Baylee Begals is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement