Anal gland issue - Page 2 - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Health and Welfare

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2012, 09:59 AM   #11 (permalink)

I'm pretty fond of my vet, and she recommended Science Diet puppy food for my beagle pup because of the issues I was having. In addition, I know a few other dog owners that use SD and have had no issues with their dogs' health. All I know is that when my pup was on Wellness, one of the foods with "better ingredients", it was a nightmare for her. She constantly had loose stools, would defecate in her crate, etc.. So, my vet recommended SD as a good alternative, and my pup has never had a loose stool since.

I realize that there are filler ingredients in SD, but I wonder if too much is made of this. What is so bad with corn? Corn is in almost ever thing humans eat, what's the big deal?

My pup is healthy and playful on SD, my vet recommended it, I know others that have had success with it, so it's a winner for me. I work a lot and don't have time to experiment with tons of foods hoping they work for my pup. I found one that works. The body naturally rejects and poops out ingredients it doesn't need.
mctypething is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2012, 11:05 AM   #12 (permalink)

Glad your pup is well.
Corn for most humans is good. One becuase it is wholesome and in general human grade and passes safety stuff. The corn used in dog food is the throw away processed stuff from human food iindustry. It's not the same corn we eat. this is stuff that doesn't pass human gradde inspection. Also dogs are carnoviores, their teeth and body are desinged for meat and bones. While they can eat and survie off other things they thrive on meat based food.
That ws just to answer your question, glad your pup is doing well.

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?t...dspice&dbid=90

What’s Really in Pet Food

Commercial Dog Food Facts and Labeling

BHA... a Time Bomb in Your Dog's Food?

http://www.for-petes-sake.com/HistoryofDogFood.pdf

Itchmo: News For Dogs & Cats Blog Archive Wondered Why You Always Find Science Diet at the Vet?

Dog Food Analysis - Reviews of kibble

DogAware.com: Commercial Dog Foods
8,109 homeless beagles on Petfinder right now. Why are their breeders not stepping up?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Research, All I can do is open new doors for you to explore. Act and buy responsibly, your choice is the future of the breed.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New Vaccine standards!
Miss Bones 2002-2010

Last edited by brandypup; 01-20-2012 at 11:08 AM.
brandypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:23 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mctypething View Post
I'm pretty fond of my vet, and she recommended Science Diet puppy food for my beagle pup because of the issues I was having. In addition, I know a few other dog owners that use SD and have had no issues with their dogs' health. All I know is that when my pup was on Wellness, one of the foods with "better ingredients", it was a nightmare for her. She constantly had loose stools, would defecate in her crate, etc.. So, my vet recommended SD as a good alternative, and my pup has never had a loose stool since.

I realize that there are filler ingredients in SD, but I wonder if too much is made of this. What is so bad with corn? Corn is in almost ever thing humans eat, what's the big deal?

My pup is healthy and playful on SD, my vet recommended it, I know others that have had success with it, so it's a winner for me. I work a lot and don't have time to experiment with tons of foods hoping they work for my pup. I found one that works. The body naturally rejects and poops out ingredients it doesn't need.

I really think all this dog food hoopla is pretty much hyped up. I have known MANY dogs who ate nothing but "regular" dog food and were healthy long lived dogs without teeth or bowel issues. And I've known other dogs who ate like that and did have health issues. On the other hand I know many dogs who eat nothing but the BEST-organic gluten and everything free, toted on here, and many of them had serious,chronic health and dental issues, and some were healthy and long lived. In other words if you didn't KNOW which diet each dog was on you could not tell by their health and appearance. My own dogs switched from IAMS, which I'm told here is basically crappy food, to one of the recommended brands. There is no difference in them. (My dogs, I mean.)

check out WWWEATMYCORNANDWHEATGLUEN.COm

WHENGOODDOGSEATCRAPPYFOOD.ORG

RUSUREURORGANICDOGFOODISNTMADEBYSAMWALTON.ARG

Complete line of dental prosthesis colostomy
bags, and natural enema treatments for canines who eat inferior diets 1-800-rip-uoff

and read the riveting book HOW TO WEAN YOUR DOG OFF UNHEALTHY FOODS by Ima Full

Last edited by Dawna; 01-20-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Dawna is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #14 (permalink)

kutyuska is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement