Pet Armor Flea/Tick meds recalled - Page 2 - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Health and Welfare

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2011, 04:20 PM   #11 (permalink)

So, you guys have used this Pet Armor as an alternative to Frontline? Does it seem to work? I'm so leary of that flea/tick stuff as it is...and I'd heard such terrible things about the Hartz brand stuff....I'd be hesitant to use the Walmart generic unless I heard that it really is just a generic Frontline! LOL.

Old 06-28-2011, 05:01 PM   #12 (permalink)

I am satisfied with it so far. We used it about 3 weeks ago and it's been effective thus far. I checked the ingredients list and it is the same stuff. I got the Pet Armor Plus, though. The regular Pet Armor does not kill eggs and larvae, too.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:28 PM   #13 (permalink)

Default Pulled, not recalled

This is a legal issue, not related to product safety. This is a US made product with the same ingredients as Frontline.
reffahsneyaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Yes, it is a legal issue related to the wording on the packaging. I believe they cannot use the Frontline name for the Pet Armor sold at Wal-Mart.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:47 PM   #15 (permalink)

My husband bought the pet armor Plus to try even though I did not want to. We live in a heavily tick infested area and a little over a week after giving it to her I was picking ticks off her. I threw the rest of it away and was careful with her every day as to where she could go and tick checked her and took her to the vet for testing and the next month I went back to frontline and flat out told my husband I don't want to take that risk again. I'd rather pay the extra money for the peace of mind.
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:14 PM   #16 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Same here Kath. I always stay away from meds like Bio-Spot, Hartz, and so far Pet Armor because the ads say "sold exclusively at Wal-Mart". Molly reacted badly to Bio-Spot so I don't ever want to see her like that again.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:13 AM   #17 (permalink)

If I may share... we adopted a beagle puppy. I tried PetArmor because it is cheap but contains the same thing as the competitor does. After 2 treatments (a month apart), we noticed red spots on our puppy's neck. We took him to the vet and he said that these cheap flea & tick control treatments often causes skin irritations on some dogs.

Any truth to this?
littlebadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:57 PM   #18 (permalink)

I tried it the first time about a month ago and no irritation on my beagles. But before that I put hartz and my male beagle had spots in like two days. The only thing I could think what broke him out was fleas or the flea/tick.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Felice29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:42 AM   #19 (permalink)

Id never trust a over the counter. so many horror stories. espeacially with hartz products, leading to death and seziures. my friend almost lost both her cats when using a brrand bought in a petstore

pay the money and us the vet stuff. its much safer. then anything you will find in walmart, grocery store ect. there is a reason for such a price difference
LAD85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement