About feeding raw - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Health and Welfare

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2017, 12:42 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default About feeding raw

I did not want to derail another posters' thread, additionally. I am unsure why some people are so opposed to raw feeding. In my opinion, the proof is in how well the dog does on that diet.

I found this link interesting.

Roger Biduk - What do Animals in Captivity Eat?
Natty Boh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2017, 01:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

I don't see any problem with it, just seems like a huge pain in the rear compared to feeding a quality dry food that doesn't require any special handling.
oldjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 02:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

I agree, Old Jeep. I would need to be more organized, have more money, and a bigger freezer. I barely remember to pick up more kibble before I run out. lol!

If I ever were to feed raw, my biggest concern would be getting it right. I would want an experienced raw feeder to help me with the menu.

Old 04-05-2017, 03:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

Too much work too little reward, there are plenty of brands nowadays with those meals already prepared they are more expensive than buying the ingredients yourself but all you gotta do is just serve them, fresh without chemicals, without processed ingredients, right amount of everything....
JohnyPepperoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 04:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

I agree with everyone since healthily made kibble is available. Plus well balanced too. This from someone who doesn't cook techie
techie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 04:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

Yeah, Johny. It seems that people who feed raw, really have it down. They have sources, where they can get good prices. Raw feeders are very organized. They have been feeding raw for years, so definitely have the menu down. Heck, I have to remember to buy lettuce and carrots for the rabbits.
Old 04-05-2017, 04:26 PM   #7 (permalink)

Just because I am too lazy and poor to feed raw, doesn't mean that I don't think it is better than kibble. I'm sure the dogs think it is better. lol!
Old 04-06-2017, 09:00 AM   #8 (permalink)

For those who would like to feed raw but think they are too lazy...you can buy raw food already prepared in the freezer section of Petco. I feed Lucky Nature's variety lamb or rabbit, whatever is available. He loves it. But most Beagles like anything so that's hardly testimony to it's tastiness.
Bbircie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 02:12 PM   #9 (permalink)

lol! Thanks Bbircie. If I was going to do it, I'd like to do it all the way. Definitely something to think about, though.
Old 04-08-2017, 11:53 PM   #10 (permalink)

Ironically, there was a discussion on my GSD forum about feeding raw. Some of the same arguments given here, on the beagle forum. So - I copied this portion. Found it interesting. Some of you might want to take a look. Food for thought.

gsdsar "There are no scientific, peer reviewed research on the benefits of Raw fed dogs. "

carmspack "why would there be -- there is no way to corner the market - it is all about money ---
the longest running experiment in the history of the world is called Nature .
Unlike the WHO Nature doesn't write or promote unsupported re

experience and observation -
Australian Natural Vet quote
"t was not until just over 30 years ago in Australia that the first commercial cooked dog and cat foods were released onto the market….and with that, began the slow and insidious decline in health of modern day dogs and cats. The average veterinarian today spends more than half his or her working day treating the epidemic of skin diseases, allergies, arthritis, teeth and gum problems, ear infections, anal gland impactions, urinary tract diseases and a huge range of degenerative diseases and cancers previously only thought to occur in man.
Dr Syme, along with a growing body of vets, breeders, and every day dog and cat owners, and a wealth of scientific evidence, believes that it is the practice of feeding cooked and processed pet foods, especially meat products, that has resulted in the dramatic decline in health of modern dogs and cats."

Get a copy of Pottinger's Cats -- read it . https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...ttenger_s_Cats

no one is going to gain health by adopting the SAD , standard american diet , or super sizing fast food , fast food? fast life -- . I have yet to experience one single dog who miraculously gained health by switching from a species appropriate diet to kibble.

this " they will be compared to what is considered "normal" for dry fed dogs. "

but kibble fed dogs result's are only normal to kibble fed dogs. BUN will be different on meat fed dogs.

Added a new book to my shelves . Author Dr Ian Billinghurst -- "Pointing the Bone at Cancer" .
This will join the dozen or more books I have on this subject - titles include The Secret History on the War on Cancer
(ever wonder why the war will never be won?) and "Beating Cancer with Nutrition" .

Billinghurst says that the carbohydrate based processed pet "food" actively promote degeneration and disease.
That is on page 20 - there are another 541 to read .
Chapter 48 tackles the modern 20th century pandemic of degenerative disease , thanks to industrial fake foods, carbohydrates and poor quality , low level protein.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement