Milo's bad habits!! - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Beagle Discussion

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Milo's bad habits!!

Hello,

So I have a 2-yr old beagle named Milo I've had for about a year now. He's a very sweet dog!! Loves to cuddle with me , a total bro.
When I first got Milo I've noticed he had a LOT of bad habits, but they quickly went away as he got settled in his new home, and his listening improved (at least while indoors) . Now we only have a few issues, 1. His terrible pulling of the leash . It seemed for a while that he would only tug when he had to use the bathroom, but was pretty chill afterwards. But now he is tugging all the time, and its driving me crazy. I tried buying a stronger least, clipping his nails (thinking they were a great bother to him), stopping and standing every time he tugs and nothing seems to work. 2. Constant eating of food and trash off the ground (and I live in new york city, there is trash on every corner), and I'm so scared he'll eat something to make himself sick 3. He tries to jump on EVERYBODY!! 4. When me and my roommates are eating he lurks around and underneath the table (and don't you dare turn your back on him for a second, he will jack you for your dinner).I ordered a PetSafe Ultrasonic trainer, but beside that I'm out of ideas. Help!
jchipman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

Welcome to the forum
Have you taken the dog to obedience class? As for the pulling that is an issue with my dog as well, I tried various collars, harnesses, etc and still the pulling. My arm and shoulder hurts from the pulling and I can't seem to make her stop-it's still a work in progress as she is only 13 months and full of energy!-
Cassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default Milo's bad habits!!

Obedience classes are a must !! The trainer will show YOU some things that will definitely help. You will probably never get your beagle to stop trolling while walking unless you keep a steady pace that doesn't allow him to stop and troll.
Please hold off on the ultrasonic collar until after taking some classes. It isn't necessary. Please understand I'm a fan of these collars but in this case I think some basic obedience will go a long way.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Sometimes when I get up in the morning, I feel very peculiar. I feel like I've just got to bite a cat! I feel like if I don't bite a cat before sundown, I'll go crazy! But then I just take a deep breath and forget about it. That's what is known as real maturity.
Peanuts
Snoopy
My6beagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

Sounds just like my puppy
ruthc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

my puppy also pulls hard. Your lucky to have obedience classes around you I don't, no trainer at all
JohnyPepperoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement