Any good toy recommendations? - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Beagle Discussion

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2013, 10:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Any good toy recommendations?

Can anyone recommend any good toys that are out there that are not destroyed in 10 minutes? I have a 14 month old beagle named Jake.
shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2013, 10:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to wizardeyes

I recently got a hard plastic nyla bone. It's lasted Jayne a few solid months so far, though it's a bitch to step on once it has a few bite marks in it. (It's this kind http://www.nylabone.com/assets/008/34511.jpg )
wizardeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

I can't even begin to count the number of toys that I had to throw away after a short time even when I thought they were really tough. Get Nyla bones in various shapes, large antlers, cooked marrow bones, thick ropes, and hard rubber squeak toys. I found some good rope toys at the Dollar Store-I buy a few at a time. Target has a dollar bin where I got the rubber toys which have turned out to be a favorite of the dog.

All I can say is that Cassie is a powerful chewer...chomp!
Cassie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:26 AM   #4 (permalink)

I have several like this that I have had for a couple years.

Any good toy recommendations?-imageuploadedbypg-free1361615185.400003.jpg

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Sometimes when I get up in the morning, I feel very peculiar. I feel like I've just got to bite a cat! I feel like if I don't bite a cat before sundown, I'll go crazy! But then I just take a deep breath and forget about it. That's what is known as real maturity.
Peanuts
Snoopy
My6beagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:12 AM   #5 (permalink)

Braided ropes are a favorite around here. The girls also enjoy sheep's hooves, which are inexpensive and last a very long time, but if you step on one boy do you know it. They also enjoy the Kong products.
Hsaiotei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:23 AM   #6 (permalink)

Millie's fave toy is a long peice of braided rope (which she pulled out of a toy snake she had) the snake had to be thrown away but the rope has last her ages. She likes running round the house dragging it along with her or playing tug of war. Most soft toys turn into loads of little bits of Cotten fluff all over the floor in the sitting room! Lol
ruthc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:34 AM   #7 (permalink)

Thank You all for the suggestions we do have the rope toys which last but he just loves stuffed toys, he even runs over to show me he has the squeeker and knows I have to go get a treat to get it from him, he is just so smart. Nyla bones he has 1 but he get tired of things so fast he is one of the pickiest beagles the vet and lady at the pet store have ever seen he will actually refuse most treats, they didn't believe me so they tried to give him treats and could not believe that he refused. I will try the Kong toy that was shown above he loves things he can carry around. Please keep all suggestions coming. Thanks again.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:01 AM   #8 (permalink)

A beagle that refuses treats! Wow! Must be a first. lol
techie
techie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:21 AM   #9 (permalink)

Hi everyone, I'm new here and still trying to figure this site out, lol. I have a 7 month old beagle named Snoopy and he is such a joy, I got him when he was 7 weeks and he has grown so much. We are still working on the potty training thing, he will sometimes piddle on the floor with no warning after having been out and piddled within 20 minutes, but it has gotten way better, hopefully i will be able to say he is house trained soon. i have had his urine checked for crystals and bladder infection but it comes back showing nothing. Anyone else ever had this problem?

His favorite toys are soft and he loves dragging them around the house. He has several Nyla bones but he totally ignores them. He also has some chew bones and an antler that he sometimes chews on. I haven't gotten him any rope toys cause my Lab used to eat the strings and I know that's not good for them.

Any good toy recommendations?-imageuploadedbypg-free1361636446.945401.jpg. He is currently asleep in my lap, he does love to snuggle!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Snoopy love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:32 AM   #10 (permalink)

Yup he is picky he likes the expensive stuff dehydrated beef, duck chips and strips, and his one bad thing dog cream filled cookies, sweet potato chips and strips, carrots, greenbeans, strawberries, and cheerios along with greek yogurt (I fill his kong and freeze it) and pig hoofs to chew on, won't touch bully sticks lamb sticks, pork sticks, loves beef marrow bones and beef rib bones (love my butcher.) Chicken is out for him his whole litter has an issue with chicken products. We finally found a kibble he will eat and it has 6 flavors thank goodness because after a month he won't eat the same flavor so I get a different flavor each month. One good thing his weight is perfect at 15 inches tall and 26lbs the vet is happy and said whatever we are doing keep doing it he looks great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement