Pee's on Command - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Beagle Discussion

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2013, 09:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Pee's on Command

Now I didn't want to post this for awhile since I thought it quite amazing and wanted to really be sure. But I can say, that Cassie will pee on command at least about 70% of the time when I tell her "Go Peepee". I have her do it before crating her or allowing her to go around the house.
Cassie is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2013, 01:54 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Pee's on Command

I do it with Brynn by saying "Be Quick". To be honest though I think it's more the fact we know the times that they need the toilet or are likely to go rather than them doing it on command

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
JaakeTod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

I am trying to get Bella to pee on command, but I don't think we're making any progress. I'm telling her "make a pee, make a pee" and literally making the "psssss" sound, and of course she does not do it and I look a fool. But I also say it as soon as she starts to pee, trying to get her to make the association, and I reward her with a treat and tell her "Good girl! You made a pee!" Again sounding like a fool, but maybe one day she'll get it. Walks take entirely too long-- often 20-40 minutes before she will go, except for the first one in the morning when she's quick -- and I am getting fed up with my whole day being spent outside waiting for her to go. Especially since whether she goes or not, she will frequently go again inside, often just a few minutes after going outside. I feel we're making no progress with the house-training, and she is over 7 months now. How did you teach pee on command? I have never had a puppy take this long to train. Of course, I also never tried training while living in an apartment; we always were able to just open the back door and let them run out. Being on the third floor is definitely making this more difficult, and I am very frustrated with the whole process.
1BeagleHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

From the moment I open the crate after her sleeping I say "go peepee outside" and walk with her to the door to the patio or when I think she hasn't done it for a long time. It sounds like you have a bit of a challenge being in an appartment-do you have a balcony of some sort where the dog can go? i started doing it because she would go in the opposite direction from the door and sniff around so I had to stop her from that. I'm sure my neighbors hear me too...go peepee, go peepee. I don't distinguish peepee from poop-it all means do the biz. My dog likes to find a place where she's gone before. I also leave the patio door open so she can go when needed also.
Cassie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:20 AM   #5 (permalink)

Milka is 9 weeks and it seems like she pees on command. We started from the first time we took her out, as soon as she started peeing, we would say "pee pee pee" and than give her a treat. Now, as soon as i put her on the puppy pad and say "pee" she does it. She still doesn't go outside as hasn't had her second vaccination, so i'm not too sure if this will work in nature, but it does on the balcony, where her pad is. Sometimes she will literally do a single drop to satisfy me and be left alone to play :-)
magisek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:43 AM   #6 (permalink)

Default Pee's on Command

When we feel coby needs to go we say "wee wees" and hey presto he goes.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Cobyboyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #7 (permalink)

I got Sophie at 10 weeks. The tip I got from her trainer was to take her out to where you want her to pee and don' move until she does. Worked great with her. If she wants to walk around she knows she has too go first. I also used the bell method. I hung a bell from my back door so she would hear it ring when the door opened and closed. Now when she has too go she rings the bell. She now started ringing the bell and if I don't go to the door she will bark! Also remember when they do what you want praise them like you won the lottery, they love praise
Sophie's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:56 AM   #8 (permalink)

i discovered (accidentally) my dogs can do this. sometimes, things get hurried, and i don't have time for them to dniff every single thing in the entire world.
i tell them "it ain't sniffy-time, drop and squat" and then they do. my neighbors find it amusing.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:46 PM   #9 (permalink)

We are still working on this with Bella, both the pee on command and the house-training, and we are making no progress. We do have very big balconies, but this time of year I can't leave the door open for her to go out whenever she wants, and I really don't want her to be in the habit of going on the balconies; we use them a lot ourselves and eat out there nearly every night for several months of the year. I want her to go outside on her walks. Right now, the only thing I can be sure of is that she will always go first thing in the morning, she will pee in her crate every night (which she started doing a month ago, never having done it before), and that she will pee on her bed every time I give it to her. So, no more bed, and no more cushion in her crate and, if she doesn't stop it, I won't even allow the old towels in her crate. She is making me an extra 3-4 laundry loads per week with all this peeing on things. It's very difficult not to be discouraged.
1BeagleHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement