Why did you choose a beagle? - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Beagle Discussion

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2013, 11:35 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to wizardeyes
Default Why did you choose a beagle?

What about the breed spoke to you in a way that no others did? What other breeds were you considering? What made you go with a beagle instead?

I'd say I didn't choose beagles, beagles chose me. As cheesy as it sounds, it's true. My family has had beagles for decades. (You may think I'm exaggerating, but I'm not.) I didn't have a dog for six years after my last beagle died and I considered many dog breeds between then and now, but I somehow ended up right back with a beagle. It just felt right and now, when I observe other dog breeds, I don't think I'll ever have another breed. There's just something about a beagle that no other dog has. Some say they're stubborn like it's a bad thing, but I love it. What's the fun in a dog that does everything you want? I never wanted a dog to obey me, I wanted a dog that would go off and have fun and figure things out for themselves without needing my guidance for everything they do.

I love their free spirit and how you can always see their little gears turning in their head. Their eyes are both the sweetest and the sassiest in the world. They're just as smart as a lab, they just don't use it to please their owners, that's what makes them so interesting. They can figure things out on their own just fine, but they still love their family more than anything else.
wizardeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Nic

We considered few different breeds, pug, lab, puggle, and few others, but my brother has a beagle and we class him as a family member, he get Christmas presents and birthday present too. So to us it made sense in the end to get a beagle, I look at other dogs and think I have the best dog in the world! Sure, he doesn't lay down and sleep in a park while kids are playing (Like my friends King Charles spaniel ) but my dog is scatty, loves everyone he meets and why wouldn't they love him in return, I mean who could resist those ears!! Lol!
Why did you choose a beagle?-imageuploadedbypetguide1361202303.013109.jpg
Why did you choose a beagle?-imageuploadedbypetguide1361202320.489142.jpg
The last pic is my brothers beagle.

Sent from Petguide.com App
Nic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #3 (permalink)

because they are cute smart very playfull medium sized with short fur and not agressive
JohnyPepperoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

Because she had been picked up by animal control and my husband had fallen in love with her! She has found her place in our hearts now (also our beds )
We had never considered a pure bred and were just going to get our next dog at the humane society.
techie
techie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

My first beagle escaped from a outside enclosure at her previous owners. The entire litter was set to be taken to a huge flea market and sold the next day. She was given to me and I haven't looked back. Thirteen years later and nine beagles in total and I won't have any other breed.
Sometimes when I get up in the morning, I feel very peculiar. I feel like I've just got to bite a cat! I feel like if I don't bite a cat before sundown, I'll go crazy! But then I just take a deep breath and forget about it. That's what is known as real maturity.
Peanuts
Snoopy
My6beagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

I've always loved the look of them and when me and my boyfriend moved in together I really needed a dog...we wanted a smallish one and looked into King Charles and puggle but nothing compared to how much I loved the look of the beagle. After doing research and finding out more about them we decided that we could give a beagle a great home. They are energetic, playful, non aggressive, family dogs (for when we start a family) and need company all the time (just like me haha) we've defiantly made the right choice. Only other dog I've had is when I was a child our family had a German Shepard which I also love but too big for rented accommodation.
ruthc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:42 PM   #7 (permalink)

Definitely that face...the overall look, size, short hair, friendliness, and coloring
Cassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

In my 3rd grade class, I read SHILOH every year for 11 years. After every reading, I was determined to have a beagle, just like Shiloh. I waited until my JRT, Phoebe, passed away. I adopted Jesse about one week later from a rescue center.
jenhardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:39 PM   #9 (permalink)

The movie Shiloh is one of my favorites. A couple of mine are just like Shiloh.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Sometimes when I get up in the morning, I feel very peculiar. I feel like I've just got to bite a cat! I feel like if I don't bite a cat before sundown, I'll go crazy! But then I just take a deep breath and forget about it. That's what is known as real maturity.
Peanuts
Snoopy
My6beagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:44 PM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to wizardeyes

I can't read or watch Shiloh. I'd be uncontrollably bawling. If anything remotely sad happens to a beagle in a movie, I cry, I can't even contain it. It was particularly awful when I watched the movie "Spooky Buddies".
wizardeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement