Easy Walk Harness - Page 2 - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Beagle Discussion

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by My6beagles View Post
After watching a young lady really over do it with one on her shepherd I just am not a fan. Oh yes I realize that she was the exception and in the right hands of a good owner they are a good tool. I just can't do it. As I said personal preference and I didn't mean offense if you took it that way. Trust me I understand DA dogs. Sadly I definitely understand !!!!!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Not at all. No offense taken. Just curious. I understand some people don't like them. Every tool has good and bad - especially in the wrong hands. I have to take Boh to get him fitted. (Sure I could fit him myself, but I guess some people have never used them before.) Anyway, I am anxious to try it on Boh. Believe me, if I see anything I don't like about it with him, I won't use it. Actually, the trainer said that the prong is preferable, but the slip or martingales are optional. I will definitely let you know how it goes.

Boh is a terrible puller and it seems he is more wound up on the way home from his walks. I had surgery in August, with a 12 week recovery time. I still have restrictions and my next follow-up is in April. I'm sure my surgeon would have a fit if she knew my pup was pulling me all over the place. Not great for my innards. HA!
Natty Boh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 07:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by My6beagles View Post
Mollysmom
I could just snuggle with that beagle of yours !! I love the gray muzzle.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Thanks! She is a handful but so darn cute! Rescued her when she was about 2. She is about 8 now.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:44 PM   #13 (permalink)

We used the choke chain in our obedience class..I still have some trouble with it. I'm using a car harness which works pretty well. It doesn't pull on her neck as the hook is on her back. I've sure had some painful arms and shoulders from the pulling otherwise.
Cassie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:25 AM   #14 (permalink)

A friend of ours who has a lot of experience with hunting dogs adviced us to use prog collar. We use chain prong collar and it does not seem to bother Badugi. He is pretty good with walking with us anyways...except for the times he finds some other cats or dogs attractive and wants to play with them LOL
Badugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement