Badugi has diarrhea problem & treats? - Page 2 - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Beagle Discussion

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2013, 05:10 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie View Post
Natty Boh, My vet said no rawhide chews because the dogs can swallow large chunks when softened which could block the intestines. My husband bought one and i went along since he was proud he bought the chew and Cassie bit off pieces in no time. Im sticking with antlers, nyla bones, and marrow bones ( cook these myself).

P.S. regarding your posts that disappear...before you start again try clicking on the left arrow just above which may bring back your message. Could be your accidently deleting..
Thank you. I will do that. In my defense, my laptop is old and plays games with me. LOL!

Rawhide? I certainly hope nothing came up on any of my posts suggesting rawhide. I would never, ever, ever give a dog rawhide.
Natty Boh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 09:56 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natty Boh View Post
Thank you. I will do that. In my defense, my laptop is old and plays games with me. LOL!

Rawhide? I certainly hope nothing came up on any of my posts suggesting rawhide. I would never, ever, ever give a dog rawhide.
Natty Boh, Oh my mistake I miss read (da ) who posted the question. It was Badugi that asked.
Cassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:59 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie View Post
Natty Boh, Oh my mistake I miss read (da ) who posted the question. It was Badugi that asked.
LOL! Oh, Good. I have been having problems with my reading comprehension skills lately, so wondered if I was writing some weird stuff too. I drove 45 minutes today to have my Emissions test done. My emissions notice said, "TOYT". So I took my Toyota Camry and sat in the long line at the emissions station. When it was my turn, the guy took my paper and asked how many miles I had on my car. I read them off. He came to my window, stopped and said, "You have the wrong car." We also have a Toyota Tacoma.

What a stinkin' wasted day. I live in the land of DUH! HA!
Old 01-24-2013, 03:09 AM   #14 (permalink)

Thanks guys first of all!

Natty Boh, the vet did not tell us what kind fo worms he might have..the vet was a very quite kind anyways....haha Not much talking. A shot (two different medicines) and a pill for deworming then he told us he is 5-6 months old...then that was it. Oh! He also told us when to come back. We are supposed to go back and see him in 3 weeks. I will ask him more questions at that time! FYI, Badugi still has diarrhea.....

Cassie, shall I get Badugi a Nylabone? He seems bored and I feel bad telling him to not chew anthing...when he is a dog and supposed to be chewing something. Is it possible to train Badugi to chew only his toys though??
Badugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:57 AM   #15 (permalink)

Natty Boh, Thank you!
The vet we went to was not a chatty type. He did his job (shots and a pill in Badugi's mouth) then told him that he is 5-6month old. He is fine. Then pretty much that was it! Oh he told us to come back in 3 weeks time. So I am guessing I will ask him to give him the deworking pill again at that time? So we do not know what kind of worms he has.....LOL
Oh, I found lice in Badugi though. Even after we took him to dog spa. I am going to get the lice medicine today and put it on him....I think it is called Advantix spot on???
Do you know if it works well??

Hi Cassie,

Shall I buy Badugi Nylabones? I have been telling him to not bite things...but I feel bad that he does not have anything to play with....is Nylabone a good choice for his chew toy?
Old 01-24-2013, 09:46 AM   #16 (permalink)

Default Badugi has diarrhea problem & treats?

Do you have a kong? I put peanut butter in Winston's and freeze it and give it to him when I'm about to go to work. They actually have one specifically for puppies.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Winston2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:03 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badugi View Post
Natty Boh, Thank you!
The vet we went to was not a chatty type. He did his job (shots and a pill in Badugi's mouth) then told him that he is 5-6month old. He is fine. Then pretty much that was it! Oh he told us to come back in 3 weeks time. So I am guessing I will ask him to give him the deworking pill again at that time? So we do not know what kind of worms he has.....LOL
Oh, I found lice in Badugi though. Even after we took him to dog spa. I am going to get the lice medicine today and put it on him....I think it is called Advantix spot on???
Do you know if it works well??

Hi Cassie,

Shall I buy Badugi Nylabones? I have been telling him to not bite things...but I feel bad that he does not have anything to play with....is Nylabone a good choice for his chew toy?
Do you mean fleas? I know Advantix kills fleas and ticks. I'm not sure if there is one specifically for lice. Sorry, I will try to look it up.

And yes....Nylabones are great for the dog to chew. They are safe.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:50 PM   #18 (permalink)

Revolution is good for lice as well.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:54 PM   #19 (permalink)

Cassie has a couple of Nyla bones-get the ones marked for "powerful" chewers. She also has an antler-I bought a big one which was expensive but it really gets a workout. I buy marrow bones in our meat department and bake them for about an hour to render out the fat, then bag them and freeze them-when I need something to keep my dog entertained I take one out of the freezer and give it to her (frozen)-when she sees the bag she gets so excited.

I stopped buying all plush toys since she can destory them in no time.

She likes those thick twisted ropes.
Cassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:49 AM   #20 (permalink)

Thank you guys!

A tick twisted rope, Nylabones and a rubber ball is on my shopping list for Badugi.
Also Kong...if I can find a seller somewhere in Europe..and get it shipped to Cyprus.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement