Picky eaters? - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Beagle Discussion

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2013, 09:25 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Picky eaters?

Well I think Yogi is still recovering from the clostridium imbalance but he seems to be just bored with his food? We really dont feed him people food (rarely, our friends do sometimes when we arent looking) but he just noses it around and sometimes takes a bite. Its funny, sometimes he will pick up some in his mouth, take it to the hall way, drop it, and eat if off the floor. Hand feeding him will work sometimes. I have busted up a dry treat in there before to get him going, small pieces of bread, etc....i may just be worrying too much about him, but has anyone found a solution to stubborn beagle syndrome? lol
silent mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2013, 11:23 AM   #2 (permalink)

Make sure he is getting enough water. He will eat when he is hungry. You might put his bowl down for 20 minutes and take it after that time.
techie
techie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:49 AM   #3 (permalink)

his water is always sitting out, and periodically he goes and gets a drink....from the clostridium he vomited at 4:25 this morning, i put water in his bowl and he drank the whole thing....he is my first owned dog (when i lived at home when i was younger i watched my brothers dog all the time) and i dont know if/when to change food....hes on nutro natural choice with chicken and rice
Old 01-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Welcome to my world...my beag is a picky eater. I have thrown away as much food as she has eaten. We have tried all kinds of food, wet, home cooked, kibble with the same results. We are back on kibble and that's it! I add a little chicken to help it along, sometimes she gobbles it up but like this morning she ignored it. My beag pushes the food around, sniffs, sticks her tongue in it..blah blah. I hear other beags chow down so I can't figure out the deal here. She is healthy so that is not the issue. I'm just not going to stress over it anymore. She'll eat when she's hungry. Oh and sometimes she eats 2x/day, then 1x, then once and awhile 3x...go figure.

Last edited by Cassie; 01-21-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Cassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

cassie, sounds exactly like yogi....hes a bit under the weather with hook worms and clostridium, so I am hoping thats it! i had posted another thread on it, but that was pre vet...hopefully the next few weeks will clear this business up...our pups dont deserve these problems!
Old 01-21-2013, 02:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

Poor Yogi. I'm sure not feeling well is affecting his appetite. I hope he feels better soon. I have the typical food motivated beagle - even if he is a mix. LOL! (He currently has an upset stomach and that still hasn't affected his appetite.)
Natty Boh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:49 PM   #7 (permalink)

Well after I previousy posted I took her bowl out to the patio and voila..she ate (change of venue?...lol)I also stood right there so not to distract her by walking away.
Cassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

hmm, maybe ill put it by the backdoor window and see what happens
Sponsored Links
Advertisement