New owner needs help! - Page 2 - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Beagle Discussion

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2013, 05:39 PM   #11 (permalink)

You said you had a small backyard. Absolutely, take him outside to potty. You do NOT want to teach him to go in the house. Transition can be a nightmare.
Natty Boh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 05:45 PM   #12 (permalink)

Everyone,
as for those baby gates or "step-over" gates you will get a surprise when your dogs jump over it! I kept wondering how my dog got into other rooms and soon figured she jumped the 2 foot fence...I now have a 48" fence in the dining room-not sure who is penned in, my dog or me!
Cassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:53 PM   #13 (permalink)

Amazon.com: Regalo Easy Open Super Wide Walk Thru Gate - White: Baby Amazon.com: Regalo Easy Open Super Wide Walk Thru Gate - White: Baby

I have this gate. I love it. It swings open and locks shut. No jump overs here.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:22 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by My6beagles View Post
Whenever you train a beagle when they complete the task(potty,sit,come etc) make sure you treat and make it the happiest time they have ever seen. Act the fool. Beagles do very well with praise. [/color]
Max responds to "Good Boy!" a lot quicker than to "Max"

silly goose!
TrueBlueFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #15 (permalink)

Hi again everybody, i've been trainning my puppy to walk with leash, and he doesn't sit there all sttuborn anymore, but now he just bites the leash like if it was one of his toys and just kinda walks biting it, will he get bored of biting it someday? any suggestions?
JohnyPepperoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnyPepperoni View Post
Hi again everybody, i've been trainning my puppy to walk with leash, and he doesn't sit there all sttuborn anymore, but now he just bites the leash like if it was one of his toys and just kinda walks biting it, will he get bored of biting it someday? any suggestions?
Nothing to worry about. Typical puppy behavior. Pups also love shoelaces. Make sure to have all power cords hidden as your pup is having a good time teething.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Sometimes when I get up in the morning, I feel very peculiar. I feel like I've just got to bite a cat! I feel like if I don't bite a cat before sundown, I'll go crazy! But then I just take a deep breath and forget about it. That's what is known as real maturity.
Peanuts
Snoopy
My6beagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:46 PM   #17 (permalink)

Hah thanks
Old 01-16-2013, 06:18 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnyPepperoni View Post
Hah thanks
I hope you didn't think I was being condescending on my previous post. I have a pair of beagle sisters that took forever to get them to stop their destructive ways. I got a little paranoid with electrical cords because of them. Don't even ask about the new cell phone that I forgot and left out.

There is light at the end of the tunnel. One day they must of decided they hated being crated and stopped their ornery ways. Keep us up to date on the progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Sometimes when I get up in the morning, I feel very peculiar. I feel like I've just got to bite a cat! I feel like if I don't bite a cat before sundown, I'll go crazy! But then I just take a deep breath and forget about it. That's what is known as real maturity.
Peanuts
Snoopy
My6beagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:48 PM   #19 (permalink)

Well people apparently I have to deal with picking up poops in yard and house yesterday I went for his second vaccine in the vet and she said i'd have to wait another 3 weeks for the last vaccine then wait a week before letting him go outside i'm sure he'd like to accompany me on my jogging.
About the leash, hes only interested in it inside the house, in the vet he walked around with leash and didn't even notice it I guess when he goes outside it won't be a problem.
Now he barks at me for being like in the bed watching tv because he wants atention and he can't jump to the bed yet, is this a spoiled puppy?
Old 01-18-2013, 04:25 PM   #20 (permalink)

Hmm. You're in Portugal? Do you have some type of exotic dog viruses that we don't? The general thought in my area of the US is that it is fine to take the dog in our OWN yards that have not been contaminated by other unvacinnated dogs. We are pretty strict about not taking our pups to places frequented by other unknown dogs - parks, pet stores - even the floors of vet offices. I would ask my vet why I can't take my pup in my own yard. What kind of risk is he considering?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement