Racal Class 2 - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Beagle Discussion

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2013, 11:39 AM   #1 (permalink)

Talking Racal Class 2

Rascal did very well last night. She did 'sit' very well too. We haven't got a lie down going yet but it will come. It's like we are always 1 class behind on the learning curve.
Hubby got her to walk the short course not holding her leash. They both are are learning lots.
I will practice with Rascal in the back yard.
We've found hubby has to be fast. That my problem. I have 2 speeds. Slow and slower!
Good class
techie
techie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2013, 12:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

Techie
Keep at it. Some of my beagles got training right away while others I had to really work with and finally they figured it out. I love taking them to classes and think its the best thing anyone can do for their dog. There is all types of classes you can get your beagle involved in. Rally obedience or agility are great fun with a little hound. Good luck and keep posting your progress and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Sometimes when I get up in the morning, I feel very peculiar. I feel like I've just got to bite a cat! I feel like if I don't bite a cat before sundown, I'll go crazy! But then I just take a deep breath and forget about it. That's what is known as real maturity.
Peanuts
Snoopy
Sometimes when I get up in the morning, I feel very peculiar. I feel like I've just got to bite a cat! I feel like if I don't bite a cat before sundown, I'll go crazy! But then I just take a deep breath and forget about it. That's what is known as real maturity.
Peanuts
Snoopy
My6beagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

Cassie will lie flat on the floor when I say "Down" and point down. I got her to do it by putting a treat at her nose then bringing straight down to the floor ...as she went down to get it I repeated down and used a clicker then she got the treat. It's funny that she knows that she isn't flat enough cuz she sometimes cheats...so I point with my finger and down flat she goes...lol!
Cassie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

We will! I think they both would enjoy rally too.
techie
Old 01-23-2013, 10:03 PM   #5 (permalink)

Some schools do accept untrained teachers, but be prepared to accept a lower salary without training, and perhaps to be taken advantage of. Without a respected ESL certification online, your job opportunities are limited. Doníts settle for an average low-paid teaching job. Be TEFL certified so you can work anywhere you want.
jarreduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

I think it is awesome that you are taking Rascal to classes. All that matters is that she is learning. It doesn't matter how quickly. Sure, you could train at home, but I think it is so good to train around other dogs. That way, your dog gets to socialize around other people and other dogs. You get to train with distractions. Those are things you can't achieve at home. Just work with her EVERY day. It is like taking piano lessons. You can go to your lesson every week, but if you don't practice, you'll never be very good at it. I try to incorporate the learning into every day life. Boh has to sit at every corner, before we cross a street. Sit before getting meals, etc. Down is a bit sloppy. And yes - he cheats like Cassie. I think they are all cheaters. Naughty little pups.
Natty Boh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

Our 4th class got moved back a week. So it will be one week longer before we can get her cherry eye fixed.
Now we have to get cracking on the current homework assignment. I am not looking forward to the 'leave it' command.
techie
Old 01-24-2013, 10:07 PM   #8 (permalink)

Techie
Cassie (1yr) is just getting the "leave it"!!!!! which I SHOUT LOUDY from inside the house when I see her going ...'ya know, #2. I am hoping my voice gets there before I do...lol she's starting to get it. Oh and yes I use it for other contraband too
Cassie is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement