Continuous pee-ing - Page 5 - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Beagle Discussion

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2013, 03:32 AM   #41 (permalink)

15 times a day is excessive. I would try limiting her water - you should see a change quickly. And if she's peeing outside then coming in and doing it again, something is wrong.
Hazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #42 (permalink)

My dog trainer told me that peeing can be a sign of anxiety. Not the submissive piddle dribble, but peeing inside. Could your dog be anxious?
jenhardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #43 (permalink)

Default RX for UTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie View Post
If it's truly a UTI that would require an antibiotic which is by Vet prescription and not an OTC product. I would call the vet and ask how it was determined after 2 days that it wasn't a UTI. Try giving water when she eats and then pick up and when you do put it down don't fill the bowl. She's not going to die of dehydration in a couple of days.
Thanks! I am somewhat limiting her water, it's there, but not a full bowl, so I can try to keep track of how much she's drinking. I will ask the vet if the culture could have needed more time, altho' I think it's not a UTI because she can make it through the night in her crate with no problem. So I'm thinking it's a maturity issue. As an aside, I'm in Greece, where nearly everything except narcotics is OTC...

Sorry you had to crawl under the table to clean up. As my kids would say, "been there, done that!"
1BeagleHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:32 AM   #44 (permalink)

Now I'm thinking that Bella's constant pee-ing, and in the same spot in the kitchen, is behavioral, although I don't think, as Jenhardy asked, that it's anxiety. Bella is a happy puppy, well-treated and very comfy. She doesn't seem anxious or unhappy. I think the pee-ing is behavioral because today is the third day of us using a combination/variation of the tethering/crating approaches to house-training, and she has only peed in the house three times in the three days. I tried tethering her to me, but it was dangerous for us both so she's tethered to the radiator pipe in the kitchen with a 5-foot lead. Her bed is there because we learned weeks ago that she prefers to lie near the radiator. Water and toys right next to her, and she can walk to within a foot of where I'm usually standing at the counter, and she can see the front door and much of the high-traffic area of the house so she's entertained. I am crating her only when I leave her for more than 1/2 an hour. I've done this twice in the two days (apart from at night) and she hasn't been crated daytime for over two hours at a time. So, the three times she peed inside since we started this were once in her crate after having been out less than an hour earlier; once on the floor while she was loose, having been outside less than an hour earlier, and she did it in that same spot in the kitchen; and once while tethered, 1 1/2 hour after her walk. We lost track of time, and realize now that she was barking and whining on and off for about 15 minutes and pulling toward the kitchen door. She was trying to tell us she wanted out but we were stupid! Over these past three days, she has gone up to three hours (while napping) without being walked, so she can definitely hold it. So maybe there's something about that one spot in the kitchen, or something about her being able to pee where we can't see her? I have cleaned that spot (tile floor) with vinegar/orange oil/water solution every time she's gone there, so it shouldn't smell attractive to her. Does it make sense that she holds it when tethered but not when she's loose? Even tethered, she can walk to a spot not near her bed if she wants to pee away from her bed. But I can see her. Is that it? Puppy psychology is not my strong suit!
Old 01-28-2013, 11:39 AM   #45 (permalink)

It sounds like you are making progress. Good for you and Bella!
Natty Boh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:25 AM   #46 (permalink)

Does it make sense that she holds it when tethered but not when she's loose?

I have wondered the same thing! My dog, too, only has accidents when loose and unmonitored in the house. There is something about privacy that dogs appreciate. Jesse has never, not once, pooped for my dog walkers. He poops on walks with me, but not with my husband. He prefers to poop off leash at the dog run or in our back yard. This must feel natural to him (a rescue.)

The Monks of New Skete suggest that new dogs and puppies be tethered to the human at all times when not crated or penned. It keeps the dog accountable somehow.

Their minds are hard to understand sometimes, for sure!

See the HOUSEBREAKING BLUES thread for my new pee/poop point system game.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:14 PM   #47 (permalink)

Really? A game? Can't wait to read that!
BELLA DID NOT PEE OR POOP IN THE HOUSE EVEN ONCE TODAY! OK, we took her out every 2 or 3 hours, but still, I feel like we're making progress. Hooray!!!!
Old 01-29-2013, 08:33 PM   #48 (permalink)

1BH, Hooray!
I love to celebrate the little successes. We are almost 3 days without an accident. I hate to count my chickens...
Old 01-29-2013, 08:54 PM   #49 (permalink)

Default Continuous pee-ing

1BH and jenhardy...it won't be long before these trying times will be a distant memory. Keep at it you both are doing great !!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Sometimes when I get up in the morning, I feel very peculiar. I feel like I've just got to bite a cat! I feel like if I don't bite a cat before sundown, I'll go crazy! But then I just take a deep breath and forget about it. That's what is known as real maturity.
Peanuts
Snoopy
My6beagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:35 PM   #50 (permalink)

Sadly, we are starting all over today. Yesterday was a disaster-the worst ever with three accidents of various types.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement