Continuous pee-ing - Page 3 - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Beagle Discussion

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #21 (permalink)

I disagree with the vet. I also feed dry food and I limit water. Years ago, I bought a show quality samoyed puppy from an excellent breeder. My puppy would drink the whole bowl of water and pee and pee and pee. My breeder told me to take the water up, after a certain time. Helped immensely. Boh currently eats Wellness Core puppy. He is not a big drinker, but once he is in his crate for the night, he has no access to water.

What are you feeding your pup? Better quality foods are more expensive, but you feed less, more is digested and there is less waste. Less poop is good. Boh poops two or three times a day - usually, when he goes out first thing in the morning, after breakfast, and after dinner.
Natty Boh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 03:36 PM   #22 (permalink)

Funny you should ask, because I just realized that we're feeding Bella too much and too often (altho' she's quite thin). Late December when Bella was 5 months, we changed from Purina Pro Puppy to Royal Canin Adult because she was too thin and the vet recommended adult food. That's a very good (expensive!) brand. We had been feeding 65 grams 3x/day so we just continued that. Bella seemed always hungry so we upped her to 70g 3x/day, and just now I realized we are not following the Royal Canin chart; we're feeding too often and too much. Tomorrow we're cutting back to 90g 2x/day, which is the chart recommendation for "high activity" dogs. I think that if she eats less often, she will poop less often, and will drink less often so theoretically she should pee less often. It may be that that's still too much food; the "low activity" amount would be 70g 2x/day, but I feel bad cutting her back that much suddenly. Also, we discovered two days ago that she has worms, although she'd been treated for them when we first got her in November. So we treated her again and will repeat treatment in 15 days. Maybe the worms are why she's so thin, poor girl. Anyway, this is just a difficult patch for us and so frustrating! I'm hoping that cutting back on the food and mealtimes will help us without making Bella uncomfortable.
1BeagleHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #23 (permalink)

Max pees way too frequently, I think I should reduce the amount of water he is given. But don't want him to get dehydrated. He does tend to drink a bunch, but nothing like a whole bowl or anything. This usually happens after he comes back from outside. Some days I counted him peeing six to ten times it seems. A lot of the time its just a small amount of pee, and typically on his wee wee pad.

I think he poops way too much also. I switched to Purina Pro Plan and have been taking him outside at 7am, 9am, 12pm, 5pm and 10pm and he poops every time. Yesterday he pooped in the house on his wee wee pad twice. Its like he forgot the whole concept of going outside. And we were doing so well over the past two weeks.
TrueBlueFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:44 PM   #24 (permalink)

I don't know how to teach him to call us outside when he wants to do his business.

He's in the kitchen behind a baby gate and starts jumping up and down right after he has wet or pooped his wee wee pad. As if he's proud of it. How do I teach him to do it before so he can go out to do the same things?
TrueBlueFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:06 PM   #25 (permalink)

Dog Food Analysis - Reviews of kibble

Check out this link. I copied it from the forum health and wellness section. Royal Canin is not the best. Many people think it is overpriced for what you get. It only rates 3 out of 6 stars on the links' review list.

My puppy came from the shelter eating Science Diet - not cheap either, and absolute crap. I rotated my previous dog between Orijen, Taste of the Wild, and Wellness Core - all 6 star ratings. Prices and sizes vary. Does anyone even make real 30 pound bags of dog food anymore? I'd estimate the larger sized bags of these foods range from $60 something to $70 something depending on where you purchase them.

You might want to look into a change, especially if the multiple poos continue.

Good luck!
Jan
Old 01-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #26 (permalink)

How old is Max now? I never liked the pee pads. I think it is confusing to the dog. I would still limit his water intake. Like with 1Bealgehouse's pup, consider switching foods. Dogs cannot process corn meal and grains. That is just coming back out as waste. You can check the link above or just go to the health and wellness section of this fourm. You don't have to feed a 6 star food, but try to feed the best quality food you can afford. There are a lot of options.

Jan
Old 01-18-2013, 04:51 PM   #27 (permalink)

Default Potty training

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BeagleHouse View Post
We are very frustrated with house-training Bella, now 5 months old. She pees and poops when we take her out, and we take her out frequently, and always wait until she goes before taking her back in the house, and reward her outside, but she just keeps pee-ing in the house, often only a few minutes after being outside. And then again and again, often less than half an hour later. It really seems like more is coming out than is going in. Someone suggested we take up the newspaper because we had initially been praising her for going on the paper, so we did that, but then she just pees on the tile floor. If we put the paper down again, she pees on the paper. Should we stop putting paper down altogether and shout at her if we catch her pee-ing inside? Also, we aren't shouting at her if we catch her pooping inside, because we're trying to stop her eating her poop (tried everything suggested and nothing worked) and we're afraid if we shout at her, she'll just work faster to "hide" the evidence. But maybe it's time to start reprimanding her for pee-ing and pooping in the house? Any suggestions?
Patience is the key...I got my beagle buddy at 8 months. He came from living with his mom and sister and brother with full access to outside...I brought him to an apt. I had newspaper every where and he constantly pooped and peed everywhere and outside during his walks...I thought I would never get through it....now at ten months he has a more mature bladder he only goes in one place in the apt. On his newspaper..which I can immediately dispose of and he goes outside on his walks....things are some help better now two months later....good luck
jannalynnturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannalynnturner View Post
Patience is the key...I got my beagle buddy at 8 months. He came from living with his mom and sister and brother with full access to outside...I brought him to an apt. I had newspaper every where and he constantly pooped and peed everywhere and outside during his walks...I thought I would never get through it....now at ten months he has a more mature bladder he only goes in one place in the apt. On his newspaper..which I can immediately dispose of and he goes outside on his walks....things are some help better now two months later....good luck
To each his own. Your place. If you don't mind him going to the bathroom in your home. that's your call. To me, one place "inside" the home is one place too many. I think it is much harder to transition a dog from going on paper to going outside. I'd rather train to go outside 100 percent of the time.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:39 PM   #29 (permalink)

Default Dog Food Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natty Boh View Post
Dog Food Analysis - Reviews of kibble

Check out this link. I copied it from the forum health and wellness section. Royal Canin is not the best. Many people think it is overpriced for what you get. It only rates 3 out of 6 stars on the links' review list.

My puppy came from the shelter eating Science Diet - not cheap either, and absolute crap. I rotated my previous dog between Orijen, Taste of the Wild, and Wellness Core - all 6 star ratings. Prices and sizes vary. Does anyone even make real 30 pound bags of dog food anymore? I'd estimate the larger sized bags of these foods range from $60 something to $70 something depending on where you purchase them.

You might want to look into a change, especially if the multiple poos continue.

Good luck!
Jan
Thanks for the comparison, Jan. I will look into it. When the vet recommended Royal Canin, I figured it was a reliable recommendation, as she doesn't sell it herself. And I think she told me dogs can't digest corn? RC is not at all cheap here-- about $90 for a 15-kilo bag, which I think is a lot more than it costs in the States. Anyway, I will have to compare our bag to the ingredients listed in the review, as the packaging isn't the same. More to think about...
1BeagleHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:13 PM   #30 (permalink)

Wow! That's a LOT of money. I don't think it is necessary to feed the "best" food. Actually, some dogs can't tolerate the richer foods. Orijen was the most expensive I fed - made in Canada. Excellent quality, but my shepherd did not do well on it. Vets aren't always the best with nutrition advice. My vet wanted me to keep my pup on Science Diet. It never hurts to check out your options and some stores carry sample sizes of foods you might want to try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement