Our Beagle World Forums banner

Front hooking harness

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  techie 
#1 ·
Not the Easy Walker brand. Our Rascal just HATES the gentle leader. We tried the easy walker and it sort of fitted if we put it on upside down:eek:.But it would still slip off even if we attached it to her collar:frown:
She pulls like a locomotive and I lean backwards to slow her down.
So any suggestions are welcome.
We start obedience 1 January 4th.
techie

#2 · (Edited)
My dog didn't like the gentle leader either. She's going back to obedience class in January-I took her before at 4 1/2 months and it didn't go so well. I think it will be better now that she's older (11 mo) and fortunately I don't have to pay again.

I had purchased, awhile back, a car harness but never used it. Today I decided to see if it could be used as a harness for walking. I adjusted the fit and VOILA! it worked for walking. I put it on her and just let her wear it around to get used to it-she wasn't so willing at first but got her to accept it with adjustments. I purchased this at Petsmart and it is called "Top Paw Pet Safety Harness". It is an easy rider design with the padded chest strap.

Find the old post below in Search and Mrs. Archer described how to wrap a leash around the dog and make it a harness. I have tried it and there was an improvement in walking the dog that's why I thought the car harness would work as well.

HELP!!!! Escaping from harness.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.