Beagle question - Page 2 - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Beagle Discussion

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2012, 02:13 PM   #11 (permalink)

I wouldn't let one out of the cage while I wasn't home (for reasons other than the dog...I know someone who had a pet bird that they kept loose, and one day they opened the door and the bird flew out, never saw it again). I know my beagle would be interested in the birds, but she would never try to knock their cages over or anything like that. She might chase one that was loose though...however, I sincerely doubt that she could actually catch one.
doggiemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 02:50 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobetta View Post
I am interested in adopting a beagle. I have a question. I have 5 birds, 4 parakeets that are never out of their cages and I have a small parrot that is 9 inches long and she is out of her cage until she goes to bed or I have to go some where. I need to know if having a beagle would work out with having birds. Would the beagle go after my birds or does it just depend on the individual dog? Is a beagle not the type of dog to get with having birds? Any advice will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks for reading!!
My dogs would go after them. You would have to be very careful and ensure allot of training and excersie. You can check with the rescues about a beagle living with small animals.
Prevention is Kinder then Destruction. Spay and Neuter. BE EDUCATED. If you breed, breed RESPONSIBLY 8,109 homeless beagles on Petfinder right now. Why are their breeders not stepping up? http://www.wonderpuppy.net/1breeding.php
Research, All I can do is open new doors for you to explore. Act and buy responsibly, your choice is the future of the breed. http://www.learntobreed.com/

New Vaccine standards! Miss Bones 2002-2010
brandypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement