Couple of questions... - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Beagle Discussion

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2012, 04:17 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Couple of questions...

Brodie is doing great but I have a couple of questions.

When Brodie goes upstairs she heads for our bed and pees on it. This is very odd because sitting on the couches or seats with us she never ever pees but our bed...she heads straight for and pees on it. Is this because she has never sees us in it and doesn't associate it with us? How do I stop her from doing this?

Also, Brodie gets up at 6am every morning no matter what time she goes to bed at. Now this isn't a problem at all, but around 5am she starts barking for about 5 minutes and then goes back to sleep. She is driving my husband crazy with this as he wakes up and can't get back to sleep. Brodie is crated downstairs in the kitchen overnight. Any suggestions or advice?

Should I move her to our bedroom so she feels close to us and won't wake up early barking?
Hazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2012, 08:16 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to ee61re Send a message via Skype™ to ee61re

The 5 am thing - does something happen around that time in the house, or maybe a neighbours house, e.g. Milk delivery, heating turning on, neighbour leaving for work, other animal in the house doing something, e.g. a cat?
ee61re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

No, nothing out of the usual. Heating comes on at 6am, no deliveries. The cat could be coming in from her night out but usually we hear the cat flap and we don't hear it then.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

Cassie wakes up every morning at around 6am also no matter rain or shine. The crate is covered to prevent distractions and keep any light from waking her but I swear she has an alarm clock in her head! I haven't been able to sleep in for 9 months. I really don't want her to make any noise early on weekends out of respect for our neighbors so she gets my full attention. Having said that she sleeps at least 9 hours...I guess that little bladder can only hold so much, eh?
Cassie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:34 AM   #5 (permalink)

Last night we tried an experiment. We took her out of her crate, moved her favourite chair to our bedroom and let her sleep on that all night. At first we had to get up every 30 seconds to put her back on the chair, but after about 10 minutes of this, she stayed...then stayed there all night without a peep until 6:30am. We woke up first checked the carpet for pee and finding none, had to wake her up for her walk.

I can't quite believe how lovely it was and hubby says he absolutely loves her for that whole night's sleep.

With any luck, the added bonus will be that she also sees that our bed is for us to sleep on and she will stop running upstairs to pee on it!
Old 12-24-2012, 02:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hazel arent you clever! hope that it continues...ZZzzzzz
Cassie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:58 AM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks Cassie.

And another night of uninterrupted sleep!

Merry Christmas everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement