Best feeding schedule/amount for 4-5 months? - Page 2 - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Beagle Discussion

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2013, 07:32 AM   #11 (permalink)

Thanks. He is 6 months old now. He is a lot darker than I thought he would be but we think he's gorgeous anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Twinkle993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2013, 09:12 AM   #12 (permalink)

Thanks everyone for the great info! Bella is getting fed exactly the same amount/schedule as Tobey, altho' I think Bella must weigh about 1K less. We aren't following the feeding recommendation on the Royal Canin chart for her, because that says 149-194g/day depending upon level of activity for a dog weighing 11K, and Bella must be about 10K now and is very thin. When you view her from above you can see that she is VERY much thinner from her ribcage to her hindquarters than she is around the ribcage, and all her ribs are clearly visable when she's moving. The vet said we should up the food from the 60g/3x/day Puppy to 70g/3x/day Adult, so we're going to stick with it for a while and see how she does. She gets a lot of exercise and probably isn't finished growing yet.
1BeagleHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:23 PM   #13 (permalink)

The salesperson that sold us Max said he was fed twice a day. Gave us a bag of puppy dog food with the purchase and two cans of canned food to be added only if he doesn't eat the dry food.

I and everybody else in the house noticed he passed a lot of gas eating the can/dry mix so I stopped feeding him that stuff. As far as dry food, he gets a handfull/fistfull at 10am and 6pm. Anything more than that he doesn't eat in 20 minutes, and even what he gets he eats really slowly, often times jumping at me when I put it in the bowl, but walks away with a sneaky look of dissatisfaction once he realizes what it actually is. He does finish all his dry food when its the right amount though. During the day he does get a few treats though that depends on how well he does taking care of business outside.
TrueBlueFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement