Long overdue update. - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Beagle Discussion

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2012, 06:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Talking Long overdue update.

I have been away for quite along time. So I thought it was time for an update on our beagles.

As some of you will remember I do Dog Agility with our Beagles.

First the really sad news we lost our first beagle Bonnie 2 months ago, she reached the grand old age of 15 years and 2 months. She had throat cancer and was strong to the end. Goodnight sweet Bonnie.

Bonnie was still competing and had her last agility runs in January she really enjoyed her agility.

Willow and Rasha are still running and still doing well. We are starting to wind Willow down a bit as she is now 10. She still really enjoys herself, but the level we compete at is now so high that Willow cannot compete in the Agility classes, so she just does the Jumping runs. She still goes flat out and barks all the way round the course.

Rasha on the other hand is going from strength to strength. Firstly she Finished 5th overall in the British Open. This event had over 160 dogs competing in it from all over Europe. To finish 5th is a major achievement for any breed be for a Beagle it is totally unheard of. A week later we went to the UK's biggest Championship show, we had 2 good runs in the qualifying rounds and made the final. In the final we finishd 2nd Gaining her reserve CC. Again this was the first timed a Beagle had ever got 2nd in a Championship class.

Finally we qualified for a major compitition Semi-Final, this took place in London at Earls Court. I just went to enjoy the day and try to do ourselves proud. We managed to get two clear rounds, this was good enough for 7th place overall which was more than we could have hoped for as the top 10 qualified for the final.

Here are some links to Rasha's Semi-final runs.

Semi-final run1

Semi-final run 2

Last edited by iain langman; 12-02-2012 at 06:15 PM.
iain langman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement