Peeing - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Beagle Discussion

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2012, 03:08 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Peeing

Brodie no longer poos in the house or her crate and only poos outside which is just fantastic but...the peeing! How many times should a beagle pee? Do 16 week old beagles pee a lot more than normal? Brodie can pee maybe 12 -15 times a day!

Just now she pees outside and on her puppy pad indoors. I tried to move the pad nearer the door and she regressed back to when we first got her - peeing where she liked.

I can't see a way forward just now when she is peeing so much and doesn't take to her pad being moved.

When does the peeing slow down?!
Hazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 12:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Is she drinking a lot of water? Does she have a UTI?

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Felice29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

Have her vet-checked by all means, but imho she just hasn't learned to hold the pee yet. If she feels she has to pee, she does. I am assuming these are small puddles and not great big ones, like they would be if she was holding it for a while and then letting it all out at once?
Hsaiotei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

Look, puppies pee a lot and it seems like the faucet never stops. my 9 month old has only recently been peeing outside regularly...but this morning I found a puddle on the floor!...grrr. I think she was distracted by a new bone she was chewing. I have seen her run outside to pee then come back in but this has taken months.

As for the pee pads, I think as long as you have them inside the dog will think its ok to pee in the house. Does your dog have access to go outside on their own? I use pee pads at night so I don't have to go outside and she will go to the pad. I walk over to the pad with her and say "peepee on the paper". During the day she will rip it up so I don't put them down...go figure. Make sure to not use any amonia product to clean up the pee.
Cassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

I got my puppy at 8 weeks.. from the day I brought him home i put him on a schedule. he was fed the same time everyday and that was when he got his water as well. Dogs should drink 1 oz of water per pound of body weight a day I thought he should have more so I gave him more than that. I fed him 3 times, 5 am, 3pm, and 8pm a day to start and each time he also got 8 oz of water. He would always eat everything and drink all the water every time. If we would play for a while he would get some water when we were done also. Each time I would got outside with him and wait for him to pee. When he did he got a treat. Then I would bring him out every hour he peed most times and when he did he would get a treat. I kept increasing the time bringing him out after he ate and drank until he was able to hold his bladder. Now he is almost 8 months he always has a full dish of water and he has only peed in the house 4 times in the 5 month I have had him. I was lucky enough to have weeks of vacation time saved up from work so I got him on a Friday after work and took the next week off. I know that's a little extreme but just wanted to share how I trained my boy..
BrianL216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks for all the replies. As Brodie is home alone, crated, during the day I have no option but to put a pad in her crate. I have now managed to move the other pad to the back door and she is using that when we can't let her outside in time. She is still peeing quite a lot though.

And...after weeks of not pooing in her crate and getting used to the times she goes out to poo, she has started pooing in her crate again. I got a bog plastic bed that I put in her crate to decrease the amount of space she has to poo in, and that seemed to work, hence the weeks of pooing outside which was great. But the last 4 days I have been cleaning poo out in the morning after she's slept all night, and when I come home at 3pm. She is taken out 3 times a day - 2 of those times is an hour walk. Why has she started pooing again in her crate?!

She is now 19 weeks.
Hazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement