My Beagle is ALWAYS hungry - Page 2 - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Beagle Discussion

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2012, 02:47 PM   #11 (permalink)

I have never seen or had another dog in my LIFE who was as RAVENOUSLY hungry ALL the time as my Beagle!
Dawna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2012, 06:37 PM   #12 (permalink)

My beagle basically lives in my kitchen. My mom cooks everyday so he's always waiting for food to drop
herrera128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:00 AM   #13 (permalink)

I think you should train him properly for that, otherwise it will keep growing like a pig. I will recommend you to go for a walk or you should play with him. This will help him to grow strategically.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:45 PM   #14 (permalink)

Dillon here. Did you ever start feeding that poor little STARVING Beagle? She starves me all of the time too, but I manage to weigh 22 pounds. You just have to grab any food you come across as quickly and whenever you can-to survive!!!
Dawna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:02 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin99 View Post
Well I'm not sure what am I going to share. Actually, the raw food is not suitable much
for your doggy and particularly for beagles.
Actually, its just a perception and can be wrong. The raw food contains a lot of bacteria and germs that can make the doggy ill.
What do you think?
Please elaborate on you feeling that the raw food diet is not suitable for a Beagle?
Allenoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:40 PM   #16 (permalink)

My two beagles are always hungry too !!! They love to eat, and I try to look after their diet !!
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:34 AM   #17 (permalink)

Yep, same here: Beagles are ALWAYS hungry. Their noses are just too powerful. They are always catching scents. What can you expect when their nose is 100,000 times stronger than ours? I mix canned green beans with dry dog food. It helps them fill a little bit full. But still, they will always beg for more food. My cool Beagle
Edgar_57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #18 (permalink)

Ditto....Roxy is nearly 2 and she is ravenous 24/7. She gets dry food 120g two times a day (which the packet says is for her weight). She has even been know to jump over to the neighbours garden if she puts bird seed out - yuk. A friend of mine asked me to try and experiment when she was a lot younger by leaving a sandwich with mustard on top of the table in the hope that when she steals something it will taste horrible and when she is given something, it will taste nice. Well....not our Roxy, she jumped right onto the table when our backs were turned and lapped it up and practically begged for more! We were going to try curry/chilli after that, but thought it would be too cruel. I think she would eat and eat until she burst. The worst thing is my family think we are just bad owners by not training our dog to mooch for food. We always try to monitor her intake as we don't want an overweight and unhappy dog. Well, she's nearly 2 and no sign of improvement!
Old 08-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #19 (permalink)

YES! My Rosie tends to not be as voracious about dog food as she is about people food. She wants everything that you have, all the time...it doesn't matter what it is, she gladly accepts bread crusts, apple slices, carrots, mandarin oranges (!), etc....her favorite things though are probably greek yogurt and cottage cheese! Oh, and she loves popcorn...sometimes we pop some for her in the air-popper just for a treat.
doggiemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin99 View Post
Well I'm not sure what am I going to share. Actually, the raw food is not suitable much
for your doggy and particularly for beagles.
Actually, its just a perception and can be wrong. The raw food contains a lot of bacteria and germs that can make the doggy ill.
What do you think?

Actually, what you're saying is only a perception and can be wrong. When I fed my beagle kibble for years, he became lethargic, overweight and didn't enjoy playing. He has been 'raw fed' now for probably 4 months....he is now losing weight, is no longer lethargic, and enjoys playing around. So my question is, is your perception based on facts or only what you've heard?
Puddlypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement