Mounting/Humping - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Beagle Discussion

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2012, 03:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Mounting/Humping

Since we got roxy speyed (4wks ago), every time the kids are play fighting on the floor, she's trying to mount one of them and begins humping. Its bizarre enough that she's a bitch, but do you think this has anything to do with her hormones or is it teritory/dominent thing. She never did this before. I've always had bitches so do you just shout at her to stop this (like with a male) thankfully the kids have no idea. Thanks.
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2012, 06:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

I personally believe it is a dominance thing. I've had multiple dogs of both sexes over the years, all spayed and neutered, who have been humpers. Some of them had definite "alpha" personalities, and others were dogs that on the surface appeared submissive, but if you studied these dogs, you could still see that they were trying to establish dominance or possessiveness by this behavior.
Dawna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:42 AM   #3 (permalink)

Dog Mounting and Dog Dominance Behavior - Whole Dog Journal Article
Prevention is Kinder then Destruction. Spay and Neuter. BE EDUCATED. If you breed, breed RESPONSIBLY 8,109 homeless beagles on Petfinder right now. Why are their breeders not stepping up? http://www.wonderpuppy.net/1breeding.php
Research, All I can do is open new doors for you to explore. Act and buy responsibly, your choice is the future of the breed. http://www.learntobreed.com/

New Vaccine standards! Miss Bones 2002-2010
brandypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:45 AM   #4 (permalink)

Hi,

Thanks, that's a great article and really informative.

Hopefully its just her hormones that are all over the place after spaying. At least I know its nothing sexual - DH (who is not a dog lover) was rather shocked, so this can calmed him down knowing that it is normal.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:32 AM   #5 (permalink)

mounting and humping can mean many things.

I really doubt this is domiance. and more likley excitment of the kids playing around (probably be loud. No offence. But when kids get excitied, they get louder lol).

My beagle will hump my older dog when he is acting a fool and barking like a idiot for to long. He never humps him any other time. Just when Blaze (my collie) is barking at rocks in the creek/lake (he loves rocks wht can i say lol)
LAD85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:49 AM   #6 (permalink)

Default My 2 year old son is being mounted by my 4 year old beagle

She bites the back of his neck from what my wife tells me. I have put her on her back and held her down with him over her a couple times, but she still does it, mostly when I am not around. And he is starting to be afraid to even stand over her when I do it. I don't want my son to be afraid of my dog in any way. What can I do to change this behavior? Also she has been chewing things again, she does it randomly. She hasn't chewed anything up in I don't know how long, but she has chewed up one of my sons gloves and one mf my sons stuffed animal. What does this mean?
TTbow82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement