Full beagle? - Page 2 - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Beagle Discussion

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2012, 08:18 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagler View Post
She looks beagley to me too. I see you're from the UK too - In the UK our beagles tend to come in two different forms - show stock and former hunting stock. She looks to me like she's (at least partly) descended from hunting stock - they tend to have a more athletic build and narrower/longer muzzle than the chunky show stock dogs (who are much more prone to putting on weight - and usually have more health issues than the hardier hunting dogs). My little guy is about as close to the UK kennel club breed standard as you can get, yet when we met some hunting beagles at our local agricultural show we couldn't believe how different the two kinds could be while still being the same breed. Both absolutely gorgeous as well!
Enjoy her
This is basically what I said, so it must be the same in the UK between the body and facial types of the show lines and hunting lines.
Dawna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2012, 08:20 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaglesmom1939 View Post
Hi. I think she looks like a beagle - I have been a hobby breeder of championship line beagles, and I can tell you that beagles come in all sizes, shapes AND colors. She might possibly (hard to tell from picture) be a red and white. There are also, as previous poster noted, "lemons", chocolates, as well as the more common "tri/colors". At one time I had 11 beagles here, ranging from Chloe, who is a tiny girl, very thin with a LONG nose, and weighing a whopping 15#, all the way to Romeo who was my very "sturdy beagle" at 14.75" tall and roughly 40 pounds - and everything in between, with most running toward the small size, as the father of most of the pups was a little guy - about 12" and 20#. They also ranged in "facial features" with most having a more "medium" nose, but Romeo and a little rescue girl from Show Champion lines, both having a "shorter, broader" face. They are ALL beagles - all AKC, but, like people, all have differences. I currently have 4 females, as I had to re-home 7 of my dogs due to a possible move to a city with a 4 animal "limit". The 4 girls I have left are all different - two are very small, one is a more "normal", medium size, and her 2 year old pup is small, but not as small as the other two. I have always wanted either a chocolate beagle or a red beagle, but at my age, there won't be more than the 4 I have now. Good luck with her - doesn't really matter what color they are, they're just wonderful!
Have you noticed much difference in personality between the show lines and hunting lines-as far as how they act as house pets? Or is it pretty much the same in all types?
Dawna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:39 AM   #13 (permalink)

Default Thankyou!

Glad I stumbled upon this thread in a google search because I had the same question regarding a Beagle puppy I have. I have 2 puppies, the first of which is a female lemon & white and 16 weeks old and the second is a tri-colour male who is 8 weeks old. Both are absolutely adorable but I noticed significant differences between the two, the female is of slim build and has a longer snout than the male who is stocky and has a short snout. Thanks for the informative reply which explains the difference between the show stock and hunting stock and to the original poster, enjoy your Beagle, she is adorable!

I have attached a picture of my two, hopefully it will show as I too am on my IPad at the moment.
Attached Thumbnails
Full beagle?-image.jpg  
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:45 PM   #14 (permalink)

ur pup is adorable did u tran him to use a computer lol
pilon.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:52 PM   #15 (permalink)

@Phil I believe your adorable pups are full beagles. I'm no expert. My Princess is slim bodied and her brother Diesel looks of a traditional beagle.

Full beagle?-imageuploadedbypg-free1354215010.403423.jpg

Princess on the left and Diesel is the top and bottom pics. They both have different traits. She favors her mom and he his dad.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Felice29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement