Surfing, Skating, Mountain biking beagle :) - Page 2 - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Beagle Discussion

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2012, 12:44 PM   #11 (permalink)

Very impressive! Especially the trail!! I wonder the same as dirtnsnow!
Great job! Good looking beagle!
Absolem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2012, 07:30 AM   #12 (permalink)

I take Buddy out attached to my mountain bike then let him off in the woods. He loves it. And what struck me about that active little Beagle is that he looked so happy.
BUDDYTHEBEAGLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:34 PM   #13 (permalink)

I've tried holding the leash while my beagle ran along me but I don't think mine understands anything about what I'm doing. I can get her to start running as I ride then she always goes sniffing in the grass etc. aka does not work.
I need to hook a rabbit onto the back of the bike or something
Absolem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:02 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtnsnow View Post
Hate to resurrect dead threads, but I've been considering adopting a beagle, and I have a similar active lifestyle that I would love to bring the little guy along with all of the adventures (mountain biking, hiking, camping, jogging, etc). The biggest drawback I've come across is the nose of the beagle, where they just take off. I was wondering how you trained your beagle to follow you and ignore the scents that it keeps picking up, especially on the mountain bike video. Thanks in advance!
Hi mate sorry has been a long time since I have been on. To be honest he doesn't ignore scents I just have to seem like the most fun option for him ie if I'm going flat out and he can't catch me he will be chasing me down with all his concentration but if I stop and don't give him something to do he will go sniffing. This is where I learnt to give home big sticks to carry when we walk back up to the top of downhill trails and this keeps him occupied with a job and it has really worked. I also have full faith in olly for example I let him go and scent or chase rabbits if we are relaxing and he will always come back witha big smile, I know some would roll there eyes at me about that but in the end I know him and trust him and the training we did when he was young. It's not like having a breed I can call to a heel whenever but we still enjoy life and he loves his forest time. One thing to consider to is that I am part of a beagle club in New Zealand and olly is no way near as scent driven as a lot of the others so I have to say I think this helps. If you want any specifics on what I did with him when he was younger I'm happy to share, just let me know
samwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:08 AM   #15 (permalink)

Just watched the video again and saw that was one of the first times I took him out, when he's somewhere new he sticks with me a lot more. He now knows the bike park like the back of his paw and often chases rabbits when they run infront of him and meets me at the end of my usual trials
samwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:41 AM   #16 (permalink)

now thats a way of keeping your young one active its amazing that you and ur pup are close like that he loves it jst as much as u do lol so cute
pilon.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement