Shedding... when does it end? - Page 2 - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Beagle Discussion

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2011, 07:17 AM   #11 (permalink)

Mine sheds horrbily. But it may just be the time of year plus puppy coat going to adult coat.

If you want, try the furminator conditioner. the shampoo wont do much, its the conditioner that really does the magic. But you will have to use it often (every 4 weeks or so) to see real results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetboy View Post
Roscoe seems to go through 2 big sheds a year- lasting 6 to 8 weeks each! and constantly looses hair between.
A ROOMBA has changed my life! (the robotic vacume) and I want a furminator- but I thought beagle hair was too short for it- and it was for long haired breeds... does yours make any difference?
The furminator is good for short coats. its terrible on long coats, no matter what the company says. all it is is a clipper blade on a handle, it ruins the top coat on long haired breeds (such as collies, long haird GSDs, golden rets ect)
LAD85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2011, 07:54 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker McBeagle View Post
LOL at the rate he's shedding I think I could make 5 sweaters!

On a serious note, I wonder if he's shedding so much b/c he had a thick winter coat b/c he lived outside until midwinter? So I also wonder if this winter, if his coat will become as thick since he's living inside now. Does the thickness of their winter coats depend on their living conditions. It goes from quite cold to quite hot here so I guess we get both extremes in coats- thick for the cold and then it must all be shed for the high heat/humidity.

Yep weather and living conditions will effect the coat.
Prevention is Kinder then Destruction. Spay and Neuter. BE EDUCATED. If you breed, breed RESPONSIBLY 8,109 homeless beagles on Petfinder right now. Why are their breeders not stepping up? http://www.wonderpuppy.net/1breeding.php
Research, All I can do is open new doors for you to explore. Act and buy responsibly, your choice is the future of the breed. http://www.learntobreed.com/

New Vaccine standards! Miss Bones 2002-2010
brandypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:08 PM   #13 (permalink)

I will get the Furminator brand shampoo/conditioner next trip to Petsmart then. It's worth a try. And I've gotten back to daily combings and I'm upping his Furminator combing to every few days instead of weekly or more until this shedding cycle lays off. I cannot wait to get back to how it was before summer hit, he barely shed at all until then. I'm also hoping that this year, since he's indoors 100% that his winter coat won't be so thick and next summer maybe he won't shed nearly as bad.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:45 AM   #14 (permalink)

They say that the spring is the worst time... all of the fur can drive you crazy! The best time to use the Furminator is right after a bath. When they are wet, most of the loose fur will come off. My mom HATES the shedding! So this is what I do for my 3 yr. old beagle, Biscuit. Hope this helps you!
EmmaBear123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement