My newest addiction- pet accessories - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Beagle Discussion

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2011, 05:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default My newest addiction- pet accessories

I am on a pet accessory binge. I bought a new collar and leash 2 weeks ago (both solid kelly green, that shade looks gorgeous against his fur), random toys (that have been eaten), grooming stuff, and today I ordered a personalized name tag.

It's a bone shaped stainless steel tag with green plastic around the edge and will say "Tucker McBeagle" and our contact info. I can't wait to get it! And I found a new leash and collar yesterday that I really want to get him. It's the same kind he's got now, nylon 1" wide, but this set is green apple colored. Perfect for summer . My husband will say it's not needed, but I think having a spare set will be smart... and I really want the light green.
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2011, 07:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

I know what you mean! There are times that I just can't resist the dog toys, or a new leash (although my teenage daughter insists hot pink). Spare anything is always a good idea!!!!!
ljas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Very good idea! Maybe your husband won't even notice it is another shade of green I know my husband wouldn't ,
Old 03-18-2011, 07:31 AM   #4 (permalink)

I'm at the point where all of the accessories that I buy for Aayla not only have to look cool, but all be the same colour: purple collar, purple harness, purple lead, the list goes on. It's certainly addictive!!!
I love spoiling my girl, and so does the rest of my family!!!
Masterstumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:17 AM   #5 (permalink)

You need to check out etsy for some accessories, I'm on there all the time, fortunately I can restrain myself!

Lola-Palooza the beagle
Emmett "Aero-dy-Emmett!"
Shelby "Body Pillow Quality Control Assurance Inspector"
Chloe "I'm cuckoo for tennis balls!"
Kerri (03 Oct 93 - 11 Jan 05) Missing you everyday

Visit my new Blog Skrabble Productions
LolaPalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:39 AM   #6 (permalink)

I sooo understand! Even though he keeps eating them, I keep buying Baker soft comfy beds. I did finally give up on the soft stuffed toys as they were destroyed in a matter of minutes. I would love to get him a new collar, but I'm sooooo indecisive.
baker'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:27 AM   #7 (permalink)

LOL, mine kept eating beds, too. But that's when we put them in his crate when he was left alone. We've decided to buy him one more bed, this one to be put in his laundry basket and if he tears it up, no more. He's taken to sleeping in a large rectangular laundry basket in my son's room. It has some Carhartt coveralls folded up in it (that I was meaning to put away until next winter) and he jumped in one night and got comfy and has proceeded to sleep there every single night now. Even in the day, when he's ready to nap he often goes to it. It's cute b/c he just barely fits in it.

Just like a pet... buy a bed or crate and they choose a laundry basket as their bed. My cat does the same thing w/toys. Would rather play with a cap from a jug of milk than a real cat toy.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

That tag sounds awesome!
Prevention is Kinder then Destruction. Spay and Neuter. BE EDUCATED. If you breed, breed RESPONSIBLY 8,109 homeless beagles on Petfinder right now. Why are their breeders not stepping up? http://www.wonderpuppy.net/1breeding.php
Research, All I can do is open new doors for you to explore. Act and buy responsibly, your choice is the future of the breed. http://www.learntobreed.com/

New Vaccine standards! Miss Bones 2002-2010
brandypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:39 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaPalooza View Post
You need to check out etsy for some accessories, I'm on there all the time, fortunately I can restrain myself!
Oh my gosh, i hadn't even thought to look there! I've been on a hunt for a new collar and leash but can't find one that I like (or am willing to pay for).
Old 03-18-2011, 04:46 PM   #10 (permalink)

Boo hoo, I'm so disappointed... I went to get the new green apple colored leash/collar and I didn't realize that the collar is the "buckle" type. I prefer the collars with the plastic snap (like a life jacket has) b/c our dog had the buckle kind once and he chewed on the tail of it. Even cutting it off didn't help much b/c it looked sloppy hanging and didn't stay in the loop to hold the tail end of the collar. I guess I'll look online for another set in a similar color that has a different buckle.
Advertisement